Mastery Logistics Systems is building the world’s first lovable Transportation Management System, or TMS.
Our customers – large transportation companies and shippers who need those companies – have struggled with systems that are outdated or inadequate. As shippers or transportation service providers, our customers have in the past been forced to use multiple systems to manage dedicated fleet operations, outsourced or insourced trans management, one way trucking, truckload brokerage, LTL, and Intermodal, or to sub-optimize one or more of those functions by attempting to fit it into a TMS that is adequate at another function.
Mastermind TMS allows our customers to bring all of these functions into a single platform, providing flexibility, visibility, control, and efficiency. Today’s unprecedented global supply chain upheavals underscore how important the transportation industry is. We are building a system to allow this industry to work faster, smarter and more efficiently.
The challenges in this industry are big and exciting! We are tackling everything from fast and efficient data input to ingesting large amounts of data and applying AI to looking at blockchain to securely digitize paperwork. If you are passionate about humanizing an industry, automating in innovative ways, building for quality and scale, helping make people's lives easier and touching every part of our economy then this is the place for you.
Mastery Logistics Systems is committed to continuing to build an incredible company. We are a masterful mosaic of incredible people. We are specialists and experienced in our respective fields. We are dedicated to continuous improvement both professionally and personally. We are a collective group of really good people. We have different interests, backgrounds & talents and we work together to create really cool stuff! We believe in diversity of thought and are mindful and inclusive. We have deep respect for each other and work diligently at adding the right people to our teams.
At this moment we are all working from home and doing our part to combat the Covid 19 virus. We are creatively building our new work habits. We are respectful of each other’s time and personal life. We have flexible schedules but share in the mission that we are building and need to get it done. We offer an excellent suite of benefits. We are dedicated to finding new ways to add perks as we live and work from home.
Our team has the domain knowledge and connections to make an impact, and we’re looking for experienced and thoughtful people to who thrive on creating and building great products. We want people who have a true passion for servicing and taking care of our customers. We need people who are flexible problem solvers, thrive on collaboration and consistently know how to communicate their solutions well. We are small and nimble – which is evident in how quickly we could pivot to our new reality. Each member of the team can make a tremendous impact both technically and culturally. While a start-up, we are well-funded, have an initial paying customer with which to test and launch, and are founded by top experts and veterans in the logistics industry.
Join us – you’ll love it – let’s build a masterpiece!
About the Role
The Implementation Manager is responsible for the implementation planning and execution for specific business segments. They will utilize their domain experience, insight and overview from the Client Engagement Lead on the customer and the overall implementation approach. Working with the customer and team, they will provide oversight of all implementation activities, escalation of issues and resource needs, and collaboration with other teams at Mastery.
- Represent the Mastery brand & values during all client interactions
- Work collaboratively with customers and internal stakeholders from project inception through the go-live implementation; discovery activities, gap-analysis, statement of work, client support & app training
- Utilize industry experience to guide Mastery clients through implementation critical activities, tasks, processes, and solutions
- Establish project governance and communication channels
- Lead project discussions and utilize best-practices to solve common industry challenges
- Document customer process flows, identify system gaps, and work with internal stakeholders to prioritize customer commitments and needs
- Responsible for building plan, that will manage day-to-day tasks and all deadline
- Create a detailed worksheet or workflows, integration points and all-important activities required for implementation
- Build out a timeline, and create status updates against plan, and offer insight and suggestions to overcome roadblocks
- Plan cut over and go live activities to ensure a smooth transition from legacy systems to Mastery
- Communicate project status to internal and external stakeholders as needed
- Drive customer acceptance testing and overall solution acceptance activities
- Troubleshoot software issues and collaborate with software development for remediation
- Create and foster external client relationships while driving deadlines and action item completion- consultative, teamwork approach
- Identify and communicate critical implementation milestones and underlying activities required to achieve them
- Work closely with the Client Engagement Lead and ensure collectively they are both managing customer expectations and relationships through formal and informal communication
- Drive the resolution of issues through problem solving, identification of necessary resources, and escalation
- Enterprise software implementation experience required
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to learn all facets of the logistics industry and Mastery software functionality
- Strong detail orientation, organization, and time management abilities
- Ability to travel up to 75% of time during customer implementation post COVID-19, in the meantime customer interactions are conducted over Zoom
- Minimum of 3 years of industry experience
- Experience with multiple TMS platforms a plus
- Experience with leading digital adoption platforms preferred (Walk Me)
- Project management certifications a plus
Mastery takes great pride in providing our employees a robust and highly competitive benefit package. Our benefits include Medical, Dental and Vision insurance covering 90% of premium costs. Company paid life insurance for 1x salary. Legal, AD&D, Additional Life and other employee assistance benefits. We have a 401k savings plan with a 4% match. We provide opportunities for professional growth and development. We fully support our work from home initiative as we do our part to combat the Covid 19 crisis. We have a manage your life and schedule Paid Time Off program. We are fully devoted to finding creative perks and benefits since we cannot currently enjoy our cool office culture. Our philanthropic partner is St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek a diverse community of professionals. Veterans, Women, non-binary, people of color, LGBTQIA, we welcome all to apply!