Senior Industrial Engineer-Network Modeling at Walgreens
Responsible for leading/managing network optimization projects and analysis of alternative designs for the logistics network utilizing network modeling software and financial analysis.
- Responsible for using network modeling software (Llamasoft Supply Chain Guru) and financial modeling to evaluate alternatives for the existing network including multi-channel initiatives, acquisition integration and sku placement/flow optimization. Supports the implementation of strategic changes through cross functional collaboration across Supply Chain with Engineering, DC Operations, Inventory Management, and Transportation departments.
- Manages the development of innovative solutions to maximize supply chain efficiency in areas that may include allocation planning, standards and agreements, SKU affinity modeling, network design and optimization, transportation efficiency, Service Level Agreement (SLA) and cost optimization.
- Manages development, implementation, and coordination of projects through scheduled reviews, financial analyses and design/status meetings, including development of cost justifications.
- Leverages data modeling and analytics including optimization and statistical techniques to drive assigned efficiencies.
- Identifies strategic opportunities / potential operational improvements for the company. Develops designs and innovative solutions to increase efficiency and resolve network problems. Capable of resolving urgent tactical needs / opportunities in the network.
- Interpret results of modeling and convert into actionable financial and business cases.
- Coordinates with division management on project implementation and priorities. Responsible for coordinating cross divisionally to align and achieve project objectives.
- Meets with vendors as part of network modeling problem solving and analysis troubleshooting.
- Coordinates analysis consultants as needed.
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain Management and at least four years of supply chain optimization related experience OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least seven years or supply chain optimization related experience.
- Experience utilizing sophisticated Logistics network modeling software (preferably Llamasoft Suppy Chain Guru).
- Experience leading cross functional teams in project development and process improvements.
- Experience with distribution center productivity and quality improvement.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Knowledge of engineering and industry concepts and trends that will increase efficiency and resolve operational problems.
- Understanding of financial modeling and business case development (ie. NPV, IRR,etc.)
- Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering and at least 2 years of experience with Manufacturing, Pharmacy or Distribution material handling systems.
- Experience in Operations Research and/or Network Optimization through academic studies or application on the job.
- Experience developing facility designs and material handing solutions.
- Knowledge of Lean processes.
- Intermediate understanding of transportation strategy and planning for a large organization.