Senior IT Project Manager at Walgreens
Responsible for managing multiple projects, creating, monitoring and updating detailed project plans. Directs the planning, analysis design and ensures satisfaction of project requirements.
• Manages multiple projects, participate in team members formal assessments.
• Creates, monitors, and updates a detailed project plan. Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, including recruitment/assignment of personnel.
• Provides organization and strategic direction to a team and is responsible for the project development, budget and schedule. Establishes goals, negotiates project commitments and develops project plans.
• Reviews and approves the project scope definition. Coordinate development and approval of the business and technical requirements documents.
• Coordinates the formulation and definition of technical scope and goals in collaboration with technical subject matter experienced professionals.
• Manages the resolution of issues that may not have an established precedence.
• Represents the company with contractors, suppliers, customers, departments, and other parties as preferred.
• Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure projects progress on schedule and within budget. Adjust s the project plan, activities, and schedule as preferred.
• Monitors, measures, and reports on project progress to organization and clients.
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of experience in IT with IT project organization experience or High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of experience in IT with IT project organization experience.
• At least 2 years of experience developing project plans including a project plan that includes the charter, scope, project organization approach, organization plans, statement of work, cost estimates, schedule.
• At least 2 years of experience working with cross-functional teams and staff of all levels.
• Experience in managing a project budget between $1MM and $5MM.
• Knowledge of project organization best practices and/or project methodologies.
• Advanced level experience (reorganizing large or complex projects into excellent and subprojects, optimizing resource assignments across projects, tracking schedules for completeness and budget on complex, connecting project managers, teams and data across the organization) with organization tools, such as MS Project or Proworkflow.
• Advanced level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: adding developer tab, creating a macro, formatting table style, inserting comments and/or creating a mail merge).
• Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
• Advanced level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: changing picture styles, customizing animation and/or setting automatic slide timings).
• At least 1 year of direct stakeholder, indirect stakeholder and/or cross-functional team stakeholder.
• Willing to travel up to/at least (choose one) 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Preferred Qualifications• Bachelor’s Degree in IT/CS
• Knowledge of COBIT, Planview, and ITIL.
• Knowledge of waterfall and/or agile project methodologies.
• At least 5 years of experience developing project plans including a project plan that includes the charter, scope, project organization approach, organization plans, statement of work, cost estimates, schedule.
• At least 5 years of experience working with cross-functional teams and staff of all levels.