Responsible for serving as an advisor to the leadership of a strategy or business unit to help ensure achievement of the company’s strategies. Works with leadership to help develop strategies and provide Business Transformation Services to achieve long and short term objectives. Helps in the leadership of financial and strategic evaluations of transformation initiatives to achieve operational effectiveness and efficiency. Provides assistance in leadership of cross-functional strategic initiatives and provides subject matter expertise and industry best practices related to business transformation, including but not limited to Strategy, Project Management, Lean Six Sigma, and other business outcomes. Leads and develops a multi-disciplinary project team.
- Serves as an advisor to the leadership of a strategy or business unit helping to ensure achievement of the company’s strategies.
- Leads cross-functional change programs and provides subject matter expertise and industry best practices related to business transformations, engagement model, and functional area(s).
- Manages and provides direction to multi-disciplinary project teams who are engaged on key company change programs.
- Facilitates end to end approach for development of key change programs in partnership with senior business leaders. Serves as escalation point of contact. Develops key hypothesis and supervises project team in conducting interviews, gathering data, defining and executing required analyses, identifying issues and problems and recommending approach to address them.
- Provides critical thinking and influence by helping to link the company’s strategic agenda to the resulting execution plan. Provides guidance and counsel in development of long term and short term plans involving strategy development, resource allocation, work plans, timelines, and financial outcomes.
- Engages Business Unit leaders regarding requirements to deliver on strategies and partner to shape initial scope for change programs.
- Ensures end to end implementation of change programs across applicable disciplines, including but not limited to Strategy, Project Management, Lean Six Sigma, and other business outcomes.
- Leads cross-functional teams and initiatives, ensuring seamless service delivery and hand-offs from strategy formulation to execution.
- Resolves conflicts by negotiating with key stakeholders, including executive management.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omni-channel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of experience in one or more of the following functions: strategy, project management, or process improvement OR High School/GED and at least 7 years of experience in two or more of the following functions: strategy, project management, or process improvement.
- At least 2 years of experience leading cross-functional teams to drive enterprise wide business transformation initiatives.
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally in a matrix structure and influencing stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: changing picture styles, customizing animation and/or setting automatic slide timings).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: adding developer tab, creating a macro, formatting table style, inserting comments and/or creating a mail merge).
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 2 years of experience of cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- MBA/Master’s Degree
- At least 4 years of experience in management consulting industry.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience communicating to multiple types of audiences and channels.
- Experience influencing others to support an idea, agenda, or direction.
- Experience with critical thinking to identify creative solutions.