Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
The Innovation & Emerging Payments team for Discover Global Network is seeking a Sr. Manager, Payments Products to lead a team responsible for the ideation and incubation of new products & capabilities for Network participants (both traditional & newly emerging), and to help shape the future of digital commerce.
Responsible for definition, guidance, and execution of product-related activities for a particular portfolio through the entirety of product lifecycle, from strategy and roadmap definition to development and market readiness. Sets business objectives for the product development process and oversees execution, internal or external, as necessary. Supervises product managers and product owners. Works with minimal supervision.
- Lead design, development, and implementation of new product strategy to support both domestic and international partners.
- Grow existing and/or build new product portfolio(s) through new value added features and functionality release and enhanced customer experiences.
- Provide vision and direction to a team of product managers.
- Closely liaise with internal stakeholders to deliver on shared goals and priorities.
- Stay aware of current technology and industry trends bringing that knowledge back into the IEP team
- Provide mentoring, and fill in the business and/or technical knowledge gaps, where applicable
- Negotiate and influence others across shared services and product teams across product families.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Technology, Finance, Engineering, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Product Management, Project Management, Computer Science, Payments, Technology Solutions, or related field
- 2+ years of people management, or related experience
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Product Management, Project Management, Computer Science, Payments, Technology Solutions, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 8+ years of experience in Product Management, Project Management, Computer Science, Payments, Technology Solutions, or related field
- Prior experience successfully launching products & strategic initiatives, from ideation to execution
- Excellent communication skills- ability to interact at all levels
- Broad Payment services industry experience/knowledge (ability to “connect the dots” between seemingly disparate topics)
- Strong leadership qualities and experience (leads by example)
- Ability to clearly articulate the product vision not only for their team, but to many levels of the organization
- Abundance of creditable product & capability deliveries
- Strong bias towards action and “getting things done”
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.