Senior Manager - Portfolio Platforms - Jira at Discover (North Suburbs, IL)
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
The Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO) at Discover is looking for a Sr. Manager, Portfolio Platform. In this role you will lead one or more Agile teams dedicated to pushing the limits of continuous improvement and innovation. If you are equally adept at managing and mentoring engineers, architecting and implementing cutting edge technology solutions, leading through change, and managing production operations, this role is for you.
- Lead a focused Agile team to build, deliver and support software that enables enterprise Portfolio and Execution Management.
- Role model Agile best practices and build best-in-class solutions to support the way teams work
- Identify and deliver a functional, meaningful, intuitive and pleasurable User Experience focusing on the different persona needs within the organization
- Utilize tools and programming languages like Java and Python and Cloud-based data warehousing services such as Snowflake and Redshift.
- Leverage DevOps techniques and practices like CI/CD, Test Automation, Build Automation and Test Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools like Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Chef, Ansible, Git, and Docker
- Raise the bar and lead a team that delivers results that matter most to our company
- Expertly balance delivery innovation with operational excellence in a data driven way.
- Lead the industry’s best talent and simultaneously have the technical chops to ensure we are developing the appropriate solutions based on the highest value business use cases
- Be a force for technological and organizational change as we push to differentiate our company with Portfolio and Execution practices
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- Strong Communicator
- Proven ability to champion an idea and bring a group to consensus
- Proven ability to translate functional needs into technical solutions
- Excellent problem-solving skills involving complex and ambiguous issues
- Experience work in an Agile Scrum delivery framework
- At least 3 years of experience using Jira
- At least 2 years of experience working with cloud infrastructure
- 2+ years managing Jira software and add-ons
- 5+ years Java and/or Python development experience
- 5+ years of Agile engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud computing
- 2+ years of reporting/data analytics experience (ETL & BI Tools such as Tableau)
- 2+ years using other Agile software such as Rally / VersionOne
- Master's Degree or PhD
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.