Senior Principal Agile Program Manager at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
As an Agile Program Manager, you will leverage your deep understanding of agile principles and modern software product development process to shape how we work, learn, and innovate. You leverage your Agile management skillset to continuously evolve product development process to reduce waste and improve efficiency. You will also help build strong communities and shape our culture of continuous learning and continuous improvement.
Responsible for providing Agile & DevOps coaching, training and guidance through hands-on pairing with engineers and Product Owners, Product Teams, and their associated Product Families, so that these product teams are increasingly equipped to build the right things (high valued work), build the things right (customer validated, high quality work), and will learn, through coaching best practices to build things fast (highly productive teams through the automation of software builds, agile practices, deployment, delivery, and business decision making).
- Provides and demonstrates best in class Agile & DevOps methods, practices & behaviors. Able to explain through demonstration (pairing), use empiricism for discussing process and practical improvements.sk, Regulatory/Compliance, Security, Legal, etc.) so that their objectives and concerns can be understood and automated as code or tests within the pipeline. Works with a team of engineers and product teams integrated in the Discover Technology Academy to build transformation plans and conduct an immersive engineering learning experience through a dojo framework
- Coaches, influences and guides engineers and product teams to embrace Agile & DevOps practices to transform the way they work. Mentors and inspires our team members by helping them to hone skills/expertise.
- Collaborates with our business partners to understand their business requirements and the architectural enablement necessary to deliver upon the business requirements. Innovates on best practices for our team and advocate for improved processes with our internal partners
- Keep up-to-date with new technology and agile trends and innovations. Frequently attends Industry Conferences and occasionally participate in panels to and lead “TED Talk” like forums.
- Manages flow of work across multiple agile teams and take accountability to efficiently
- Manage large and complex products launches across multiple teams
- Leverages data and metrics to derive insights and continuously identify improvement opportunities. Drives these improvement opportunities to fruition
- Be the champion of Agile Software Product development processes with a Value Stream and ensure agile processes are adhered to by teams during product development
- Leads the charge on building community, foster inter-team collaboration and the culture of continous learning and continuous improvement across the entire Value Steam
- Plays a key role in federating Discover Tech Academy Dojo Factory capabilities
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
Bachelors – Computer Science or Business or related
4+ Years – Project Management, Agile or Related
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
6+ Years – Project Management, Agile or Related
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you're waiting to hear from us, don't forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
#LI-MF1 #Remote #BI-Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.