Senior Program Communications Manager at Walgreens
This role designs a comprehensive communications strategy for large, fast-paced initiatives within the Company and is responsible for planning, development and the execution of major program communications, including drafting and deploying multi-channel communications to a wide set of different stakeholders. Develops communications plans and materials to help prepare leaders for cascading key information to their teams. Creates feedback loops and evaluates the effectiveness of messaging with different audiences.This role reports into a centralized strategic Communications team to uphold company branding and standards.
- Designs a comprehensive communications strategy for large, fast-paced initiatives within the company. Develops the internal Program communications strategy and execution plan. May manage and oversee the vendors in support of strong and frequent internal communications to the Program team, as well internal WAG and WBA communications.
- Drafts and deploys multi-channel communications to a wide set of different stakeholders. Develops talking points and helps prepare leaders for cascading key information to their teams
- Creates feedback loops and evaluates the effectiveness of messaging with different audiences. Reports into a centralized strategic Communications team to uphold company branding and standards
- Directs the creation of, or creates, strategic program communication plans, projects, and messaging for major initiatives to influence the early adoption of strategy throughout the business, engage team members and enhance Company reputation and positive image amongst the communities we serve.
- Serves as a leading communication strategist for the program(s) supported. Directs the completion of, or creates program communications, speeches, and presentations for a wide variety of audience, including Program Executives.
- Leads the development of communications strategies and messages for major, enterprise-wide initiatives and programs. Partners closely with the Corporate Communications team to ensure successful communications execution and cross-functional execution.
- Responsible for close coordination and partnership with the Change Management team to help incorporate and bring to life “change”-best practices into communication initiatives.
- Collaborates closely with Communications and other internal partners to ensure alignment and integration between the company’s communication efforts.
- Maintains a series of metrics on the function’s performance against best practice standards; monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of efforts.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
External Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and at least four (4) years of experience in internal, executive or corporate communications OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least seven (7) years of experience in internal, executive or corporate communications.
- Experience crafting and editing and strategic communications programs.
- Experience building communications plans to support business units and business goals
- Experience coaching business leaders in the appropriate delivery techniques and methodologies related to delivering executive messaging through a variety of media.
- Experience synthesizing complex and/or abstract ideas into meaningful and strategically focused communications and messages
- Experience assessing and measuring the impact and effectiveness of communications strategies and tools.
- Willing to travel up 10% of the time for business purposes (in-state and out of state).
- Master’s degree or MBA.
- Agency experience.
- Experience managing agencies.
- Experience in the Retail Pharmacy industry.
- Experience with technical communications.