Provides dedicated support for transformation programs by facilitating business case and timeline development, managing progress to milestones, and refining benefits assumptions as necessary. Partners with business teams to actively manage leading indicators - challenging assumptions and proactively highlighting impact on customers and organization. Responsible for programs that are cross-functional, cross-divisional, and are of significant magnitude and important to the execution of corporate business strategies and achievement of company objectives. Program work has a significant impact on the organization. Budget responsibilities are based on program requirements.
- Leads, organizes, directs, manages and controls inter-related program activities for transformation programs with major cross-functional impact and benefits.
- Sets program management routines, creates, monitors, and updates program plan. Helps establish work plan and assists with the staffing for projects.
- Analyzes and shares program-specific insights and recommendations to achieve operational effectiveness and expected benefits capture. Assesses and measures ongoing impact and evaluates changes to key assumptions / planned impact.
- Ensures programs are completed according to time and budget schedules, and that objectives conform to division overall standards and operations objectives and project requirements.
- Executes key hypothesis, conducts interviews, gathers data, defines and executes required analyses, identifies issues and problems and recommends approach to address them.
- Assists with resolution of project conflicts. Engages with senior management when necessary.
- Works with program team to identify complexities and resolve risks and issues.
- Communicates verbally and in writing with various audiences, including executive management.
- Develops business design and solution requirements and subsequently helps with their prioritization by working with business partners.
- Effectively monitors, measures, and communicates program / project status to senior stakeholders and executives. Develops and maintains documentation for cross-functional, enterprise efforts.
- Contributes to or guides the development of project work plans by estimating work effort for requirements analysis activity and reporting clear and accurate work status.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience in one or more of the following functions: strategy, project management, or process improvement OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of experience in one or more of the following functions: strategy, project management, or process improvement.
- Experience applying / executing project management methodologies and practices including developing a project plan, charter, scope, project management approach and management plans, such as the statement of work, cost estimates, schedule, etc.
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally in a matrix structure and influencing stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, designing, resolving, and documenting complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Project experience aligned to one or more of the following industries: Retail, Healthcare, Insurance, Pharmacy, CPG.
- Project experience aligning two or more of the following support functions: IT, Finance, HR, Procurement; Merchandising, Supply Chain, Marketing, E-Commerce, Accounting, Tax.
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in effectively managing change and applying critical thinking to identify creative solutions.
- Experience presenting and reporting on project plans and cost benefit analyses to appropriate stakeholders, executives and senior management.
- Experience with MS Office Suite.
- At least 1 year of experience of direct leadership and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- MBA/Master’s degree.
- Experience in management consulting industry.
- Experience driving resolution of project conflicts within a team.
- Experience persuading or convincing others to support an idea, agenda, or direction.
- Acquired PMP or CAPM Certification.
- Experience with PPM tools: e.g. Microsoft PPM, Clarity, other.
- Proficient with MS Project.