Founded in 2001, Adage is a web design and development firm that combines strategic thinking with a passion for technology to advance our client's purpose. We bring together a diverse team of creative and technical professionals who partner with our clients to create their digital strategy. It’s our people first approach that drives us to win awards, work with prestigious clients, and break ground with exciting technology. Adage has consistently been recognized as one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois, and on Crain's Best Places to Work in Chicago.
An Adage Senior Project Owner is a unique hybrid of Project Manager, Product Owner, Account Manager, and Client Advocate. As the Senior Project Owner, you will represent the vision and roadmap of our client partners to our cross-functional scrum team of Developers, a Scrum Master, and UX/UI Designers who will deliver on this vision. You’ll serve as the liaison and the primary point of contact between the client stakeholders and internal teams.
You will work with a portfolio of clients that span a variety of industries. Your role will include promoting and overseeing just some of the things that we excel at; from website and mobile development, delivery of complex e-commerce solutions, integrations, implementation of content management systems and more.
Our ideal candidate can quickly grasp highly complex requests and craft creative approaches to digital solutions that exceed our clients’ expectations. Well-versed in big picture thinking, the candidate possesses a communication style that conveys curiosity, humility and confidence.
What you will do:
- Partner with clients to understand, analyze and prioritize goals, and create well-defined user stories with acceptance criteria
- Collaborate with internal team and clients to prioritize the roadmap and champion the features which will provide the most value to all stakeholders
- Work closely with the Scrum Master and development leads to ensure that user stories are understood and that each sprint delivers its full potential
- Manage a portfolio of clients in different stages of project delivery and prioritize user stories based on each client roadmap
- Manage project forecasts and ensure that they are consistently updated
- Track project budgets, deadlines, and general progress towards project completion
- Monitor threats, risks and opportunities that might affect the success of projects and hold accountability for the overall solution
- Maintain an open and honest line of communication with clients on project status
- Stay well-informed about clients’ business initiatives to conceptualize features that achieve their goals now and in the future
- Assist team to develop test plans, user scenarios and test conditions to ensure that the expected results meet functional and user experience requirements
- Participate in testing for quality assurance and user acceptance
- Provide digital strategy and leadership to the Adage team and your clients
We want someone who:
- Has at least 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager, Product Manager, Account Manager, Product Owner, Business Analyst, or similar type role in technology or consulting organizations. Enterprise level project and/or program management experience is preferred.
- Has 5+ years working with project software and CMS’s. Experience with Association Management Systems (AMS) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) is a plus.
- Has experience managing multiple concurrent project budgets, including project forecasting and estimates
- Has a track record of successful delivery of medium and large-scale software development projects to production
- Has experience using Jira to manage backlogs and roadmaps
- Has worked in a fast-paced client environment, managing multiple clients and priorities concurrently
- Has extensive experience writing user stories or requirements documents and writing/reviewing Statements of Work, Master Services Agreements, Change Orders, RFP, RFIs
- Understands and can create tangible clarity around abstract ideas
- Can effectively communicate vision to different levels of stakeholders and team members, including through video conference and email
- Enjoys working with developers and designers to understand and implement technology requirements
- Is willing to challenge feature sets or ideas in a positive and collaborative manner
What Adage Offers
At Adage, we have a people first approach, and support our employees with the things that matter most. You’ll enjoy work life balance with flex schedules, work from home options, and 20+ days paid time off annually. Adage offers great benefits with 85% employer paid insurance, profit sharing bonuses, 401k, and FSA. We have monthly happy hours, quarterly social events, an annual retreat, and a great office environment with a stocked kitchen.
Adage Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents and respects diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skill sets. All qualified candidates that share Adage's core values are strongly encouraged to apply.