At Kin + Carta, we’ve got opportunities to offer you — for growth, for leadership, for big, world-changing impact and for, dare we say it, fun. We are a global workforce that is committed to building a world that works better for everyone. And that starts with our Kin. That’s why we’re proud of:
- The life we create within our virtual walls, every day
- Being B Corp certified
- Our honor as a “Best Large Firm to Work For” by Consulting Magazine
The ideal Senior Scrum Master for Kin + Carta is innovative, passionate about Agile with interest in educating and coaching organizations on the Agile Scrum methodology. They look to continually learn, and enjoy sharing expertise. Strong verbal and written communication are a must. Experience working in an Agile Scrum development environment, or in a consulting capacity is required.
- Facilitating all necessary team meetings (sprint planning, daily standups, sprint reviews/retrospectives, etc.)
- Facilitating Agile release planning and helping the PO manage the release backlog.
- Coaching the team in Agile relative estimation techniques, cross-functionality and self-organization
- Identifying, managing, and mitigating project issues and risks
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to defining and prioritizing the product backlog
- Ensuring transparency into the team’s work through the sprint backlog, burndown chart and other Agile metrics
- Leading by example - knowing when, and how, to push for more results
- Proactively identifying and removing impediments that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint commitments
- Being the coach and all around advocate for the Agile Scrum delivery methodology amongst project team and client stakeholders
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 5+ years’ experience performing as a Scrum Master
- 3+ years’ experience as an Agile Coach working in an Agile environment
- Experience with Agile Engineering Practices including Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development (TDD), Pair Programming, Automated Testing, Evolutionary Design, etc.
- Prior Consulting Experience
- Managing to a P&L
- Experience working with Rally/Jira or a similar project management software
- A proponent for Servant Leadership
- Proven ability to bring transparency to the business team about development; growing trust while demonstrating your commitment to deliverables to the business team.
- Experience with identifying delivery issues and risks, and a sense of urgency for removing blocks and driving continuous improvement
Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy committed to working alongside our clients to build a world that works better #ForEveryone. Our 1,700 curious minds make creative connections between people, data and technology to create connected outcomes across the full lifecycle of the product and platform ecosystems.
We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences for some of the world’s most influential companies. We help businesses accelerate their digital roadmap, rapidly innovate, modernize their systems, enable their teams and optimize for continued growth.
We are a technology business with trust and human connection at its heart. As a Certified B Corp, our triple bottom line focus on people, the planet and profit is at the core of everything we do.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Awareness, check out the IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.