Senior Scrum Master
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for adopting and promoting Agile methodologies and related ceremonies within a cross-functional team agile team. Provides ongoing oversight during feature/user story grooming and sprint development. Manages Sprint release timeline, stand-ups and other ceremonies, and helps remove blockers to ensure agile releases stay on track.
- Facilitates team activities including daily stand-up meetings, grooming, Sprint planning, demonstrations, release planning and team retrospectives.
- Identifies dependencies between agile teams and communicates and resolves dependencies between different teams.
- Manages Sprint release deliverables and proactively identifies and resolves impediments to ensure Sprint release stays on track and updates Sprint activities in Agile planning and execution tracking tool.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems Management
- 2+ years of experience in coaching and mentoring skills on Agile methodology and understand Scrum framework
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 5+ years Scrum Master experience in a large organization
- 5+ years software development project management experience
- Able to write effective User Stories
- Able to provide Agile mentoring and coaching
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expert knowledge of the banking industry
- Experience using Rally/Jira
- Skilled in software testing, and AML/Quality Center Scrum Master certified #LI-BG1
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!