As a Network Senior Trade Lane Associate - Network, you will be an integral member of the team, a process expert, and a developing subject-matter-expert on a specific trade within your region. You will execute and oversee the end-to-end procurement, solution design, rate setting, bill auditing, and implementation cycles for your geography’s imports and exports. A Senior Trade Lane Associate will act as the right-hand person to a Trade Lane Manager, developing an expertise on the local market, growing the business in the region, and leading strategies to drive profitability. Additionally, you will ensure high quality and timely delivery of solutions, anticipate and proactively mitigate challenges, and take the lead on implementation of cross-functional projects to improve business performance.You Will:
- Create, promote, and oversee the delivery of the best end-to-end solutions for Flexport customers
- Execute and oversee impeccable end-to-end procurement, solution design, rate setting, and implementation cycles for your geograph
- Partner with Client Solutions to resolve Air/OCS issues, requests, or questions and provide enablement and support for sales
- Be vigilant of market conditions and provide monthly and quarterly updates to Demand as needed
- Ensure high quality execution of day-to-day tasks and adherence to SLAs for the trad
- Identify and lead initiatives to increase growth and profitability for the region
- Support the Trade Lane Manager in executing the strategies to drive volume and net revenue growth targets for the region
- Develop, maintain, and strengthen external vendor relationship
- Identify areas for process improvements and contribute to future automation designs; lead strategic projects to drive the business forward
- BA/BS and 3-5 year(s) of related work experience
- Knowledge of product and technology within the industry
- Experience with regards to imports and/or exports from a sales, operational or procurement perspective.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships and partnerships with vendors
- Analytical skills and metric / data based approach to solving problems
- Strong analytical background and knowledge of analytical tools (Excel, etc)
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t! be We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.