Software Project Manager
Evive was founded by two people who wanted to challenge the status quo...and did. More than 10 years later, that spirit still defines our culture. Every day, our people work together to change how the world uses benefits. Are you one of us? Evive people are game-changers. The work we do is redefining how people experience benefits, with SaaS-based services that help people to improve their lives and Fortune 1000 enterprises to optimize their investments. Above all, we're in this together, bringing the love.
The Software Project Manager is responsible for managing Evive’s enterprise software implementations and ongoing projects, ensuring a timely and high-quality run project meeting the client’s strategic vision.
- Develop a strategic vision for the implementation and how this vision will meet the needs of the client/end-user. Ensure all parties on the project team understand the overall goal and the details of the solution.
- Have a thorough understanding of client configuration, identifying as a trusted resource for the client through the full relationship of the account.
- Throughout the project, confers with clients/end-users on solution, offers beneficial alternatives, and acts as trusted advisor.
- Develops and reviews project plan, determining key objectives, milestones, time frame, procedures for accomplishing project, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Identifies key risks and issues and proactively communicates them to all parties of the project.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time.
- Directs and coordinates activities of Technical Account Analysts and other project team members to ensure project progresses on schedule and within standard delivery specifications.
- Tracks, follows up, and supports all requests through to completion, advising all involved parties when a request is complete.
- Leads user acceptance testing with internal and client team testing.
- Work closely with Customer Relationship Manager to communicate pertinent information to senior management.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- 5 years of SAAS Software Implementation skills are required
- PMP a plus or desire to attain a PMP.
- Demonstrated ability to be organized, diligent attention to detail
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Happy working in a team environment and driving consensus amongst groups
- Laid-back office, casual attire
- Competitive salaries
- Annual bonus pay
- Employer-paid medical insurance
- Subsidized vision, dental, and short-term disability insurance
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance
- Student loan assistance program
- Employee assistance program
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Time Off for Volunteering
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match
- Walk station desks: walk and work!
- Company-sponsored book club
- Weekly catered lunch on Thursdays
- Stocked kitchen with drinks, fruit, and snacks
- Strong culture - we work hard and play hard. And we watch Jeopardy! every day!