Sr. Project Manager, Zoro
Title: Senior Project Manager
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL or Chicago, IL
Since our humble beginnings with 20 employees in 2011, to our current staff of over 330 people, Zoro remains committed to providing an exceptional shopping experience for our customers. We do this by providing an endless assortment of products, free shipping, no-hassle returns and outstanding service from people who care. If you want to be a part of building something special, Zoro is the company for you.
The Senior Project Manager is part of Zoro's Project and Program Management team and will work closely with other project managers and business owners here at Zoro to plan and deliver valuable initiatives. The main responsibilities of this individual will be to fulfill the Scrum Master role on agile delivery teams as well as assist Product Owners and Program Managers with overall planning, management, and completion of other assigned technical and non-technical tasks and initiatives. They will be expected to have experience with wide variety of agile and waterfall methodologies and be able to apply that experience to drive and manage multiple (up to 3) complex projects concurrently. Must be familiar with SDLC and Agile methods, be able to execute under pressure, think outside of the box and adapt to frequently changing environment and priorities. This Project Manager is a collaborative professional who relies on their ability to successfully lead a team without direct authority. Ultimately, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for the successful and coordinated delivery of a project backlog, release planning and continuous improvement as prescribed by current industry Lean/Agile and Project Management best practices.
Working closely with product and engineering he/she will help manage the entire scope and timeline of each project they will assist product owners in the generation and maintenance of a healthy backlog and assist in the coordination and communication of the product roadmap and its delivery. This Senior Project Manager will guide the team to set achievable goals that are delivered with quality and align with our larger business goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides overall leadership and support to a project/product teams. Acts as front-line contact on project related activities, issues, and risks.
- Help foster transparency across the organization by ensuring that there is good communication flow both internally within the development teams and externally amongst other relevant stakeholders in the company.
- Ability to identify business needs & innovation that align with the overall company goals
- Contributes to the determination of project scope, resource requirements, skill requirements, project milestones, risks and release plan
- Responsible for facilitation of agile ceremonies
- Responsible for project administration in Jira
- Monitors, documents and communicates project status; anticipates problems and resolves them or escalates them to the appropriate level of management to ensure proper project completion that maximizes value delivery
- Provides proper level of guidance through team development stages
- Identifies and removes barriers that impede the team's ability to make progress on their project
- Manages and enables communication amongst team members, functional departments, business sponsor, and the supporting project office.
- Effectively able to manage multiple complex projects of any size concurrently.
- Ability to craft tailored delivery approach that best fits each project.
- Strong knowledge and experience of agile delivery and project management concepts and procedures.
- Demonstrates the Zoro Values of Transparency, Ownership, Winning and Losing Together, and Customer Obsession.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a variety of complex strategic and tactical projects.
- Must be an intelligent, articulate and persuasive team member who can work with all types of stakeholders and is able to communicate concepts to a broad range of business and technical staff.
- Must be able to perform under pressure.
- Must be able to effectively manage change.
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with Customer Service, UX/UI team, QA, Engineering, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to give clear and consistent communication of an initiative to technical teams and stakeholders.
- Proficient with version control and change management processes, policies, and principles.
- Exceptional writing proficiency and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to develop, lead and motivate cross-functional working teams.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and proven ability to understand and clearly explain technology.
- Bachelor's Degree with a major in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Management or Management Information Systems is required. Master's degree would be a plus.
- Eight (8) years of full-time experience managing project/product delivery in an agile environment
- Agile certification is required – CSM, CSPO, PMI-ACP or other.
- PMP certification is required
- Advanced experience with Atlassian tools – Jira, Confluence, Service Desk
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Desktop Software – Windows, Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.