Strategic Sourcing Manager
Farmer’s Fridge was founded in Chicago in 2013 with the mission of making wholesome, delicious food easily accessible, so people can live a little happier and healthier. Our network of 300+ software-enabled smart Fridges vend handcrafted salads, grain bowls, sandwiches, and more. We are striving to change the food system from the ground up – one Fridge at a time.
At our core, we are a team that cares – about the business, the impact our product makes, and about each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. Transparency and collaboration are key to our process, as Farmer’s Fridge is a fast-paced work environment where things are always evolving. We’re proud to have a tight-knit team where people bring their A game every day.
Various team and company social events and town halls keep us connected to each other as well as aligned and focused on our short and long term goals. We’re opening Fridges weekly across the country and are looking for people with passion, ingenuity, and moxie to join our team and help us fulfill our mission of making healthy food as accessible as a candy bar!
Farmer’s Fridge is looking for a Sourcing Manager to manage our procurement and sourcing of nutritious, scalable, and sustainable ingredients and packaging. You will grow our ingredient and packaging supply base: aligning with strategic supply partners, monitoring costs, and collaborating cross-functionally in product development and manufacturing of Farmer’s Fridge’s products.
As a Sourcing Manager, you will….
- Develop a supplier base that meets our growth, profitability, safety, and sustainability goals
- Foster relationships and negotiate agreements with food, packaging, and indirect material vendors across the country
- Manage the process of bringing in new ingredients and/or packaging for new menu items. This includes discovering ingredients, sourcing samples for testing, obtaining approvals from QFS, and coordinating with our production operations and supply chain teams to ensure the products are scalable in our facility
- Execute effective risk management, by finding back-up products and suppliers for key ingredients
- Work closely with quality and food safety team to ensure suppliers meet all internal and external standards
- Create and implement decision-making frameworks to determine the best suppliers for our business
- Monitor supplier performance and identify key performance metrics to measure success and drive continuous improvement of our supplier network. Act as a point of escalation and implement corrective actions as appropriate
What we’re hoping to see in your background...
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent years of experience
- 4+ years of work experience in procurement, supplier management or a related environment; experience in food industry is a plus, not a must
- 3+ years of creating and nurturing relationships with external vendors
- Intermediate to Advanced skills within MS Excel/ Google Sheets
- Experience in the food industry is a plus, not a must
- Passionate about sustainability and driving change in the food system
- Excellent client and supplier management skills including relationship building and negotiation
Benefits at Farmer's Fridge:
Happier Weekdays - Walking into the office should fill you with joy, not dread. We're a fun and passionate group, and we don't take ourselves too seriously. Bring your unique self to work, dress comfortably, and always feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. We encourage curiosity and inquiry; there's no hierarchy here when we're all swapping ideas around the cold brew tap.
Never run on empty - Daily Farmer's Fridge meal, Monday bagels, draft cold brew, office snacks, and Friday happy hours are just some of the offerings to make sure you aren't distracted by a growling stomach.
Take a break - Check out what new products Chef is testing in the R&D kitchen, challenge a coworker to a game of Fridgeopoly, rally a spontaneous happy hour at Goose Island down the street, start a heated debate on the best M&M flavor with a poll in Slack, or jump in on a team kickball game!
Innovate & Elevate - We're all teachers and learners. You'll grow, and help grow the company through cross-functional collaboration, open access to leadership, and regular business updates. You have a direct impact on the bottom line. Own it. Literally - with company equity you have the opportunity to share directly in our success. You can also participate in our 401(k) plan that includes a company match with immediate vesting.
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosures