Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
The Project Manager is expected to have a broad level of knowledge of transaction processing including, but not limited to, ATM, POS, Mobile Wallets and Contactless transactions, as it relates to transaction switching, configuration setups and offline support. He/she will make well thought out decisions on moderate to complex issues and clearly understand transaction structures. The role will assist in driving complex modifications or upgrades to existing network infrastructure and processor configuration builds. He/she will propagate common goals, direction and standards established by Implementation Leadership, as well as monitor project schedules and timelines.
The Project Manager will gather network/business requirements and operational data from one or more sources, to formulate solutions of moderate to significant complexity. He/she proactively and methodically will improve quality and efficiency through automation of network services. He/she serves as a primary point of contact for complex network projects and/or small work efforts, can be responsible for identifying various technical alternatives and developing implementation plans. He/she stays abreast of current vendors and products, anticipates change and has a plan in place to react to the change.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating project activities.
- Ensure projects are delivered on schedule and meet quality objectives.
- Provide technical project guidance for the team.
How You’ll Do It
- Manage client project activities to ensure projects are delivered on schedule and meet quality objectives.
- Provide training, assistance, guidance, and direction to team members.
- Meet with the business and vendors to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- Review project plans to plan and coordinate project activity.
- Identify gaps in department procedures and ensure they are remediated.
- Some schedule flexibility (when implementing projects, these usually take place between 3-5am timeframe)
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- 4+ years of experience in the Payments Industry, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Project management, or related experience
- Payments industry/EFT knowledge
- Network domain technologies and IP management experience
- Excellent communication skills- communicate with both management and technical staff
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated/work under minimal direction
- Strong problem solving skills
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.