Technical Program Manager at Walgreens
Implements activities that generally impact multiple components / processes and the work of own and possibly other units / teams / projects. Typically assigned to strategic / complex undertakings. Receives work in the form of short- and mid-term outcomes that regularly require the application of independent judgment and creativity.
- Conducts projects in any area of the online organization
- Guides multi-disciplinary project teams in the achievement of project objectives for larger more complex, or more strategic, projects or programs.
- Facilitates team information and work flow. Participates in removing barriers to timely and cost effective project completion.
- Develops and documents project schedules, milestones and budgets for team. Typically shares budget, schedule, milestone and cost / benefit decision-making responsibilities, but not accountability, with executives and managers.
- Communicates project status to stakeholders.
- Writes technical specifications. Coordinates and tracks technology project resources, staff, assets and schedules to ensure timely project outcomes. Assists team members and leaders in making cost / benefit decisions.
- Leads project meetings.
- Participates in developing business approaches and new or enhanced approaches and/or tools.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions. Presents issues to and works with management to resolve critical resource conflicts.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team. Serves as a resource to other technical project managers to resolve complex problems. May lead other technical project managers on large projects.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of project/program management experience OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 7 years of project/program management experience
- Experience working with matrix teams including teams in different time zones.
- Experience prioritizing and performing multiple tasks in time-critical situations
- Experience developing new business models and opportunities; defining, developing, and documenting business requirements and functional specifications.
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing budgets for projects.
- At least 2 years of experience managing project risks.
- At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's degree and at least 7 years of project/program management experience OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 10 years of project/program management experience
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and Cloud Infrastructure a plus
- Experience managing software development projects
- Knowledge of mobile technologies
- Experience with web technologies and online software development practices.