Technical Program Manager
At Otus, a fast-growing EdTech company based at 1K Fulton in the West Loop of Chicago, you will work with people passionate about improving the lives of teachers and students. We are a group of talented designers, developers, coaches, and leaders. We love what we do and strive to the best work we can each day.
On our team, you will find musicians, beer enthusiasts, designer toy collectors, table tennis fanatics, and more.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated technical program manager to help bring the best possible software solutions to educators.
As an early member of a growing team, you must possess a strong work ethic and be upbeat, driven, intelligent, well-organized, articulate, share a passion for learning new technology, and thrive in a fun, fast-paced environment.
You will have the opportunity to immediately contribute and see results of your work in use by students, teachers, parents and district administrators across the country. This position reports to our CTO in our downtown Chicago office.
- Work across several of our technology teams through the entire project lifecycle and own the Agile delivery process from beginning to end
- Technical analysis and documentation in conjunction with the teams
- Work with product managers and leadership to build and run delivery and project management
- Identify process risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders.
- You’re equally at home explaining your team’s analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs with engineers and designers.
- Release management and technical support processes within the delivery teams
- Work with team members to alleviate project bottlenecks
- Facilitate and optimize the processes with your squads
- In conjunction with leadership, define and measure the performance of teams against roadmap and agile metrics (eg commit vs complete)
- We value humility, a strong work ethic, flexibility, collaboration, technical curiosity, and constant learning
- Ability to absorb complex concepts and organize them
- Attention to detail and pride in project quality
- Demonstrable experience owning and leading an Agile delivery process across multiple squads
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience managing complex projects and capable of understanding complex systems of architectures
- Highly motivated, passionate, and self-driven
- Previous Agile product management experience
- Superb problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Value iterative progress over perfection
- Competitive Salary and Options
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Working in arguably the best neighborhood in the city with the best food, drinks, coffee and doughnuts all within walking distance
- Working in an amazing office building with gym, rooftop deck, frequent social events, shuttle to and from train stations
Otus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind. You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Unfortunately, the company is unable to support sponsorships at this time. We are not considering applications for this position from candidates not located in Chicago.