Technical Project Manager at Rheaply, Inc.
Founded in 2016, Rheaply, Inc. is a Chicago-based technology company focused on solutions for making organizations more efficient, sustainable, and connected. Rheaply has developed and launched the only exchange technology for researchers to share their ideas and surplus resources with colleagues to reduce time, costs, as well as environmental waste. On Rheaply’s Asset Exchange Manager (AxM), users from all departments can access resources and expertise from colleagues in the same organization or beyond. Recently, Rheaply has been featured in Nature, VERGE, and Greenbiz, chosen as a 10 Big Idea in Innovation by Chicago Magazine, a Circular Economy Solver by MIT SOLVE, and received the 2019 Sustainable Procurement Leadership (SPLC) Award for Circular Economy Leadership among other notable awards and recognitions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with new clients to define technical project scope, product requirements, and deliverables.
- Develop and maintain a working project plan for each initiative to track milestones, deliverables, deadlines, change, and resource allocation. Identify and mitigate risks to project progress and communicate updates to relevant stakeholders.
- Serve as liaison between internal and external technical and non-technical teams in order to ensure that all targets and requirements are met. Work cross-functionally to support products that support our ability to scale.
- Manage project tasks and touch points internally and externally.
- Keep internal and external stakeholders informed of project status updates an identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Manage client expectations and balance priorities to ensure successful product delivery.
- Serve as a thought partner in designing OKRs, roadmaps, metrics, and business milestones that measure and inform our execution.
- Experience leading external client engagements or as a external client relationship manager
- Experience with basic software development and the ability to translate and prioritize technical challenges across product/engineering and business.
- Experience with user research, wire-framing, prototyping, and usability testing
- Bachelors or Masters degree in information technology, information systems, computer science, human computer interaction, or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree (or 4 years of relevant work experience in lieu).
- 2 years of experience with project management, preferably within a software development or technology context.
- Familiarity with user centered design principles and agile methodologies.
- Experience gathering and understanding user needs, and translating them into product requirements.
- Experience with meeting facilitation and a proven track record of supporting technical teams to deliver project results.
What We’d Like to See from You
- Good judgment and ability to balance business strategy, organizational context and data in driving towards solutions
- Willingness and openness to engage with Rheaply users and support user needs in all relevant context
- You are a scrappy, motivated team player who understands the various needs of a growing company
- You believe in Rheaply’s Core Values and shall conduct your work in accordance with our values