Responsible for co-developing and managing the delivery of new technologies with partners, to feed the healthcare innovation pipeline (products, services, consumer experiences). This will contribute to a step-change in the growth of the Walgreens/Boots Owned Brand Healthcare business and drive masterbrand equity as innovative health and wellbeing companies offering consumers accessible value & quality. Makes Owned Brand a destination for healthcare and wellness by creating consumer insight-led, differentiated Owned Brand offerings. Drives volume, sales & profits in line with 3-year plan. Accountable for delivering breakthrough innovation for the Global Owned Brand Healthcare business, to contribute to the growth ambition of +30% by 2025.
- Responsible for day to day delivery of global healthcare innovation technology pipeline for multiple conditions / Need States across different platforms: product, digital technology, services, 360 degree ecosystems, big data and new business models.
- Uses scientific, technical development and project management expertise to lead multi-functional teams of internal and external partners to develop technology into a viable, commercial proposition prior to hand-over to the Walgreens/Boots Product Delivery teams.
- Collaborates with Global Healthcare Owned Brand Innovation Marketing team to ensure technology can deliver against consumer concepts.
- Manage technology partners to deliver a broad range of potential technology opportunities that fill gaps in the healthcare innovation roadmaps and can be curated and activated quickly across all key international markets.
- Ensures stakeholder alignment to innovation priorities and project plans.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy, touching millions of lives every day through dispensing and distributing medicines, and through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products. The company has more than 100 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy and pharmaceutical wholesaling.WBA is one of the world’s largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and well-being products. The company’s size, scale and expertise will help position us to expand the supply of, and address the rising cost of, prescription drugs in the U.S. and worldwide.
The company’s portfolio of retail and business brands includes Walgreens, Duane Reade, Boots and Alliance
Healthcare, as well as increasingly global health and beauty product brands, such as No7, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle,
Botanics, Sleek MakeUP and YourGoodSkin.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of experience in product development, innovation, or project management OR High school diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience in product development, innovation, or project management.
- Broad technical understanding of the OTC and wider consumer health and wellness categories with knowledge of global medicines, medical devices, food and dietary supplement, cosmetic and biocide regulations as appropriate.
- Track record of delivering value through consumer insight-driven innovation and in building partner relationships with innovative organizations (academia, start-ups, supplier partners).
- Good financial acumen to ensure concepts can be brought to life as value-accretive business opportunities.
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration and ability to work effectively with diverse teams and external partners
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Established and proven record in Science / Technology delivery with 7+ years experience across product development, innovation and project management roles in CPG or Pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience working with innovation incubators and consulting partners.
- Experience working with Agile Scrum methodology
- Experience working in international markets, in particular the US and UK markets.
- Experience working for a leading over-the-counter (OTC) or Wellness company.
- Experience delivering value through consumer insight-driven innovation.