Flexport is looking for a partnership driven, commercially minded individual to own regional leadership of trucking strategy execution within the West and/or East Coast markets. You will not only manage partnerships and drive carrier development, but also help promote net revenue growth by means of strategic procurement, volume allocation and pricing decisions for your region. This role enables you to work cross-functionally among several different teams at Flexport, such as the Client Solutions, Ocean, Finance and Legal teams. You will be responsible for bringing on new business, growing existing accounts, driving technology adoption, overseeing service compliance and much more. You will organize the development of new services and lanes within your markets to ensure Flexport upholds the strongest carrier network in the industry. This role allows you to become an expert in your domain while exposing you to multiple facets of the Freight Forwarding business.You will:
- Execute on regional trucking strategy, ensure healthy growth within their markets, execute carrier and market strategy, negotiate carrier contracts
- Develop and manage local carrier partnerships, maintain, manage, and be key growth contact for trucking partner relationships with your market. Ensuring success of technology strategy
- Manage trucking partner SLAs compliance in relation to performance, compliance and technology use
- Procure and negotiate rates for their markets, maintain competitive spot and contract rates
- Own pricing strategy and drive net revenue within their local markets, provide markup and ICC guidance, set sell tariffs
- Establish regular market updates as the regional trucking expert, leading enablement with an in depth understanding of the local market nuances and conditions
- Client solutions & account support, support demand in winning new business, including attending and joining client meetings.
- BA/BS degree and/or 3+ years of experience in relevant freight forwarding, transportation or supply chain roles
- Knowledge of product and technology within the industry
- Experience with regards to imports and/or exports from a sales, operational or procurement perspective.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships and partnerships with vendors
- Analytical skills and metric / data based approach to solving problems
- Strong analytical background and knowledge of analytical tools (Excel, etc)
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.