Account Executive, SMB Legal at DocuSign
Account Executive – Small to Medium Business
Sales & Business Development | Chicago, Illinois
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform how the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our teams partner with some of the largest most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
This Account Executive (AE) Vertical Markets will be responsible for developing and closing new business (use cases) by selling DocuSign's services to targeted accounts within the Financial Services, Healthcare, Education, or Legal/Not-For-Profit verticals. They will acquire new customers and sell additional use cases, products and services into existing accounts. AEs are accountable for exceeding monthly/quarterly quota, forecasting accuracy, closing, and driving adoption/usage with customers and prospects in collaboration with internal teams and partners.
This position reports to the Regional Vice President, SMB.
- Serve as the primary driving force in company’s revenue and customer success objectives through the attainment of assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual sales quota
- Conduct discovery calls with customers and prospects to understand organizational structure, key decision makers, procurement processes, IT systems, and document workflow
- Uncover customer document process and needs in order to match customer requirements to DocuSign solutions
- Understand, position and clearly articulate the value/benefits of DocuSign eSignature and Digital Transaction Management (DTM) solutions to all levels within customer organizations
- Leverage marketing slide decks and other materials, build custom sales presentations and demonstrations to client needs, and present by phone, webinar, and/or in-person
- Qualify, build, and manage a sales pipeline through the development of MDR/SDR qualified leads, proactive prospecting, networking, and online social channels including LinkedIn
- Draft customer proposals, demonstrate sound decision making abilities, and negotiate client pricing requirements and concessions within DocuSign guidelines
- Serve as the “quarterback” and primary point of contact for aligning internal DocuSign teams and resources with key customer and prospect stakeholders
- Develop short, mid and long-term strategic and tactical execution plans to ensure success in assigned territory, vertical market, and/or key account base
- Generate, develop, manage, and communicate expectations within assigned accounts as well as increases scope of penetration within each account
- Demonstrate organizational leadership by mentoring junior sales team members and provide increasingly high levels of impact to ensure company-wide success
- Accurately forecast monthly and quarterly sales activity and revenue achievement
- Willingness and ability to travel as necessary
- BS/BA degree
- Minimum of 2 years of direct sales experience
- Successful track record of exceeding quota (top 10-20% of company) in past positions
- Strong computer skills, including Salesforce.com, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Proven success with prospecting, developing leads, managing complex sales-cycles, and closing deals in small-medium business, mid-market, and/or large corporate accounts
- Experience within Financial Services, Education Healthcare, or Legal/Not-for-Profit verticals preferred
- Strong business acumen; ability to calculate and articulate return-on-investment (ROI) using DocuSign provided tools and resources
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent client relationships, anticipate change, adjust priorities accordingly, and work effectively as a team and independently
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to be able to interact effectively at all levels of an organization, from individual contributors to C-level
- Impeccable business ethics with polished and professional sales presentation skills
- Self-starter comfortable with some ambiguity, possessing the ability to learn/ramp quickly, and highly determined to figure things out as you go
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.