Account Executive at RedShelf
Founded in 2012 and recently named one of the nation’s fastest-growing private businesses by Inc. Magazine, RedShelf is a Chicago-based EdTech company helping to make education both more affordable and more effective through the use of digital instructional resources. Partnering with more than 400 publishers and 1,900 campuses nationwide, we provide leading-edge digital course materials and an end-to-end Content Delivery System for effortlessly distributing those materials.
The Account Executive, Campus Sales is a mission-critical component of the RedShelf customer experience. RedShelf Account Executives are the post-sale “owners” of customer success and are responsible for our campus client’s experience with RedShelf. As such, the Account Executive ensures that new customers are smoothly on-boarded through effective implementation planning, technical integrations, and exceptional communication. Post-implementation, the Account Executive is responsible for optimizing workflows, advising clients on best practices, and identifying opportunities for expanding our presence within assigned accounts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Closely collaborates with RedShelf colleagues - particularly Regional Sales Managers and Content Managers - in a relentless pursuit to serve our institutional customers and student end users.
- Responsible for the efficient and successful maintenance of post-sale campus relationships and workflows to ensure a frictionless experience for RedShelf’s end users
- Manages technical integrations with multiple campus stakeholders
- Trains and supports relevant stakeholders in using new and existing products, tools, and resources
- Works cross-functionally with internal and external teams to facilitate enhancements and provide actionable feedback regarding communications, tools, capabilities, processes, and product lines
- Works in close partnership with the Regional Sales Manager to ensure smooth workflow handoffs and align client expectations with RedShelf resources to set the campus up for success
- Works in partnership with Content Managers to ensure deadlines are met with high quality deliverables.
- Keeps clients informed of new RedShelf product and feature launches, and trains and supports stakeholders in using new products
- Identifies and grooms opportunities for organic growth in partnership with Regional Sales Managers
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite applications with a concentration on spreadsheet skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both internal and customer-facing settings
- Experience in developing and leading projects independently with little to no direction
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities and deadlines while being adaptable to the changing needs of the business
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- 1 - 3 years’ experience in a related role
- Project experience in a fast-paced, high-stakes, deadline-driven environment is ideal
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing is a plus
- Background and/or experience in educational technology and/or publishing
- Process and/or workflow development and optimization experience
- Experience using CRM and project management software tools
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possesses high energy and a passion for RedShelf
RedShelf prides itself on maintaining an informal but fast-moving, hard-working, entrepreneurial culture. Our team members are smart, innovative, and passionate about improving education through digital technology.
We offer the best of both worlds: the energy and opportunity of a rapidly-growing organization, coupled with the stability of an extensive client base, strong financial backing, and proven track record of success. In addition to a forward-thinking environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth, our team members enjoy competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.