Broker Channel Manager
JELLYVISION NEEDS A BROKER CHANNEL MANAGER!
We here at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that happens to share some DNA (and a sense of humor) with the smash-hit trivia video game YOU DON’T KNOW JACK®, created by Jellyvision's founder. ALEX makes navigating tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits or improving your financial wellness—easier, faster, and more helpful, not to mention entertaining.
THAT’S LOVELY, BUT WHAT’S THE JOB?
In short, our Broker Channel Managers are tasked with renewing our current channel business and growing relationships with our existing broker partners. That means developing and managing relationships in order to identify new ALEX opportunities, introduce new products, and get introductions to new brokers who could potentially become resellers.
In long, our Broker Channel Managers are responsible for:
Channel Understanding: Get to know brokers’ problems, pain, priorities and goals. Share that knowledge with our product, sales and service teams to help guide Jellyvision towards being even more helpful. You’ll help us help brokers who are looking for innovative solutions to reduce employee confusion.
Expansion of Business. You’ll maintain and grow an existing book of business on our DIY platform. In partnership with our Channel Success Strategist, you’ll be responsible for developing a plan to upsell additional Jellyvision products to your patch as well as finding new offices, producers, and account executives within your patch for net new cases. You’ll have a ton of influence on that process and we’ll be eager for your feedback at every stage.
Partner Management Process: In order to help us balance the needs of our Channel Team with our direct to employer efforts you will:
- Serve as the main point of contact for your assigned patch of existing producers and any of their team members who are currently working with Jellyvision. You’ll help those teams understand how to best leverage ALEX within their highly competitive and ever changing marketplace.
- Work with the producers, account executives and account managers to expand the Jellyvision footprint within their book of business in order to increase the total amount of business with each partner.
- Identify one power user for each firm as your main point of contact and then maintain consistent and effective communication throughout the year.
- Influence your local and regional firms to include Jellyvision’s products in their overall go-to-market strategy by assisting with RFPs, helping source funding, and coaching them on how to pitch ALEX to their prospects and clients.
- Work closely with the Jellyvision’s Implementation Experts (IEs) to schedule training for your firms on how to use our Do It Yourself (DIY) platform. You’ll also stay in close contact with IEs to monitor the renewal cases being built and once they’re complete you’ll contact the broker team to provide analytics and drive additional business.
- Provide your Manager with reports on the overall health of the offices in your patch to help the channel team facilitate Quarterly Business Reviews with the leadership teams of our national partners.
- Work closely with our marketing team to develop materials that help our partners do their jobs better and drive more opportunities.
Tracking and Monitoring: You will be tasked with tracking and reporting key activities and outcomes within your patch as well as sharing your greatest hits (and misses) with Channel and Sales leadership. You’ll leverage those insights to accurately forecast results, continuously improve both your personal performance, and aid in the development of Jellyvision’s channel strategy.
SO WHAT KIND OF FOLKS ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
While we’re big believers that the right “DNA” and cultural fit are what makes for a successful hire, we’ll take an early shine to candidates with the following background, skills, and experience.
- End to End Success. You’ve managed a book of business before and have experience with creating, communicating and executing a strategic vision from start to finish.
- Organization and Time Management: You can stay on top of a million tasks directly in front of you, while also keeping your eye on the big picture.
- Relationship building: You build authentic, trusting relationships both internally and externally with a focus on the long-term good over a short-term gain.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: You are confident, charismatic, fearless, humble, and able to tailor your delivery to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to play well with others: You’re delightful in collaborative situations and eager to work with other internal sales teams, marketing, legal, and product folks.
The attributes of a successful Broker Channel Manager are the following:
- Business Insight
- Drives Results
- Decision Quality
- Communicates Effectively
ANYTHING ELSE? We share a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere, so we only hire nice, bright, funny people who are willing to work hard. Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing folks to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
ARE THERE ANY PERKS? Yes, we love perks.
- Competitive pay, 401(k) with matching and benefits. We pay 100% of the cost of premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance for our employees (as long as you qualify for our tobacco-free discount; if you’re a tobacco user, your medical premiums will be higher than $0). We also cover a really nice chunk of the cost of premiums for spouse/dependent medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Casual dress and a flexible schedule. Come in a sweatshirt, jeans, whatever, like everyone else here.
- Creative work environment. We are lucky to work in a place that is full of intelligent, talented and innovative folks. Although most hours the place is deathly quiet (we're a focused bunch), this is punctuated with hilarious outbursts and general merriment, which makes a nice way to spend the day.
- Charitable match and events. Like giving back? Like eating dips/baked goods and listening to music? JV matches up to $100 per employee to a single charitable organization once every calendar year! We also find fun ways to give back as a community to a variety of organizations that are important to us, by putting on charitable events such as bake sales, dip fests, battle of the bands, where all the money collected by our people goes to the organization that is being promoted! Giving back is important to us, so why not do it in a way where we can eat goodies?
- Free food. Every week, we stock our kitchen with free healthy snack foods, and we have a catered lunch every other week to give people a reason to hang out and eat together.
- Easy transportation and lots of love for folks who bike to work. We’re really close to the North/Clybourn red line stop and the Halsted (#8) bus (right by the Apple Store and Mega Whole Foods too), and we have a transit FSA that allows you to dedicate pre-tax dollars to public transportation expenses. A number of our employees like to bike to work, so we also have bike storage, showers and lockers in the office. And for those without their own bike in the city, we offer free divvy memberships – complete with Jellyvision bike helmets you can borrow from the office.
- Did we mention our yoga and meditation classes? We bring a pro instructor right to the office. Fully subsidized by Jellyvision and fully optional, btw.
- Oh! And we have a massage chair. Not just any massage chair, my friend. It’s the Renew 2 Zero-Gravity Massage Chair by Brookstone®. Feeling a little stiff? Sit down. Relax. Feel better? Good. Okay, back to work.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!