Business Development Representative
JELLYVISION NEEDS BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVES
We here at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that happens to share some DNA (and a sense of humor) with the smash-hit trivia video game YOU DON’T KNOW JACK®, created by Jellyvision's founder. ALEX makes navigating tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits or improving your financial wellness—easier, faster, and more helpful, not to mention entertaining. The success of the ALEX platform has exceeded our wildest dreams, (except for the part right before we woke up where our mom was riding a giraffe), which is why we need talented folks like you to help us help ALEX take over the world…er…continue to grow and succeed.
GREAT, SO WHAT’S THE JOB?
Jellyvision is looking to continue growing a team of Inside Sales Representatives who will be charged with filling our sales pipeline with excited potential ALEX clients. The team’s goal is to have engaging conversations with interested people that may end up being great customers. Business Development Representatives will have a responsibility of making 60-80 cold calls a day and setting a minimum of 5-10 qualified meetings a week, depending on the territory and product. The role involves a lot of time on the phone, scouting LinkedIn (and other resources) for contacts, research, and a strong focus on turning a cold call experience into something informative and delightful. Everyone on this team will work closely with regional Account Executives who will be tasked with closing the deal once a meeting is set by the Business Development Representatives.
SO WHAT KIND OF FOLKS ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
We’re looking for recent college graduates with an interest in sales or people with a year or two of sales experience who are looking for the opportunity to get into the world of tech sales. Bonus points if you have experience selling over the phone, but we’re not making it a requirement because we’ll provide a ton of coaching and mentoring here at Jellyvision. Please note that this isn’t a role for senior sales folks.
In a nutshell, we’re looking for people who are:
- Comfortable on the phone. This role requires picking up the phone and talking to people you don’t know. You’ll have a quota of at least 300 phone calls per week. If that doesn’t sound like something you’ll enjoy, this probably isn’t going to be a good role for you.
- Expert researchers and list makers. You’ll have to do great research to get in front of the necessary contacts and a lot of this involves creative problem solving and crafty communication. Your best resources will be LinkedIn, company websites, and Google searches to learn more about the potential client’s key decision makers. Then you’ll reach out to those decision makers to discuss how ALEX can be a benefit to their business.
- Clever. That crafty communication we just mentioned? You’ll need to write clever introductory emails that hold weight, get our point across, and make us interesting to prospective customers.
- Happy to be a part of a team. Everyone in the sales department has individual and team goals. We are looking for people who want to hit their numbers, but also fit well with the team. Part of the role entails developing leads that will be passed to an Account Executive that you’ll work closely with, so a desire to work collaboratively with others is a must.
- Driven and motivated. This is a role where you’ll be encouraged to do great work by everyone around you, and you need to be up for the challenge. Our amazing team will help make sure you have the tools to ace the job, but ultimately your success will be determined by your hard work and dedication. We want people who start their week with a goal of setting 5 meetings, and when they set their 5th meeting on Wednesday, challenge themselves to hit 10 by the end of the week.
- Curious. You’ll be constantly re-evaluating your approach when you hear “no” in response to your pitch. So we’re looking for the kind of people who enjoy learning – folks whose curiosity will lead them to sales blogs, relevant psychological research, networking events, etc. that will help them constantly up their game.
- Confident, not cocky. At the end of the day, we’re a humble crew. Our product and our company mission is about helping people, and you’ve got to have the right amount of wit and Jellyvision charm to make a first call turn into a second. You’ll have to insert personality into all of your reach-outs, and still have the gravitas to get on a cold call with VPs and Directors alike.
- And last but certainly not least: you should be genuinely interested in building a sales career. If you’re hoping this is your foot in the door at Jellyvision to become a Writer or Graphic Designer or Massage Chair Enthusiast, this role will not be a good fit. We’re looking for folks who want to knock the socks off the Business Development Representative role and move on to more senior sales positions within Jellyvision.
ANYTHING ELSE? Yes. Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing folks to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!