10th Magnitude is a technology services firm helping businesses achieve transformation through cloud technologies. We are market leaders in leveraging the power Microsoft Azure to accelerate innovation speed, operational agility and customer responsiveness for clients around the globe. As one of the top Microsoft Azure partners in the US we specialize in Azure Migration, Cloud-Scale Custom Application Development, Internet of Things, Analytics and DevOps achieved through Azure-Enabled Infrastructure Automation. A member of the Microsoft Azure Partner Advisory Council and a Gold Cloud Platform Microsoft partner, 10th Magnitude is headquartered in Chicago and rapidly expanding across the US.
As one of Microsoft’s top cloud partners, we are helping organizations around the globe migrate mission critical systems into the cloud, adopt DevOps tools and processes and build cutting edge cloud applications.
10th Magnitude is seeking an experienced professional services Client Partner to lead our largest customers and project teams through successful delivery of Azure transformation projects. This role requires demonstrated consulting services and Delivery Management expertise with a passion for attaining customer success, building relationships with stakeholders and driving additional growth and opportunity with our clients. The Client Partner will work closely with customers and the 10th Magnitude Sales and Engineering teams to ensure successful project delivery.
At 10th Magnitude, we run our projects in a lean and agile way. Our focus is delivering high quality solutions to our clients and helping them achieve their goals. Your voice will be instrumental in influencing how projects are executed and delivered.
As the Client Partner at 10th Magnitude you will be responsible for the successful delivery of projects across multiple disciplines and industries. Your responsibilities will include:
- Project Management Methodology. Apply skills and methodology to manage others, proactively mitigate risks, resolve issues and escalate when appropriate.
- Engagement Architecture. Work with clients on the best way to partner. Create and define how we engage and structure the teams.
- Account Strategy. Work with sales and marketing to craft an approach on how we position ourselves with clients. Identify relationships and key areas to invest.
- Business Knowledge. Demonstrate understanding of clients’ businesses and build credibility quickly.
- Supports Services Sales with Business Development related to accounts that are assigned to his/her Engagement Portfolio.
- Drives project governance including activities concerning issue escalation within the client organization and internal to 10th Magnitude, change management processes and addressing concerns raised in quality reviews with 10th Magnitude stakeholders, partners and client stakeholders.
- Delivery Leadership. Lead project teams and be the point person accountable for successful delivery.
- Client Communication. Polished communicator adept at producing advanced, client-ready presentations. Clearly communicate project status, risks/issues and remediation.
- Scope and Budget Management. Over see your team’s progress and ensure documented and approve any changes.
- Customer Relationship. Actively build the client relationship. Frequently gather client feedback and work to ensure highest customer satisfaction.
- Business Development. Support our sales team in scoping and proposing new business to ensure client satisfaction with the work we have propose
- 10+ years of experience in executive leadership or consulting
- Demonstrated capability managing $1M complex projects, as well as medium-large sized teams
- Technical knowledge and a passion for technology
- Experience with Infrastructure implementation projects and/or application development
- Experience with process diagramming (such as Visio)
- Experience with agile project tracking tools (such as JIRA)
- Structured development methodologies (such as Agile Scrum, iterative and Kanban)
- Experience working across Sales and Delivery with the customer at the center
- Demonstrated drive in continuous process improvement. We look for candidates who proactively identify areas for improvement and work to continuously improve the way we do things.
Regardless of skills and experience, we look for people with the following attributes:
- Personal Ownership: Approach a project as if it is your own and it's your money being spent. See things through regardless of roles and responsibility. Take pride in what is delivered and hold those around you to the same bar of quality that you would want delivered to you.
- Servant: Take a servant approach to the client and the team. Treat people the way you want to be treated. Put other's needs before your own and help/serve others.
- Virtue: Have a high moral standard and hold others to it as well. Be Trustworthy and honest. Doing the right thing regardless of circumstances.
- Humble: They lack excessive ego or concerns about status. Humble people are quick to point out the contributions of others and slow to seek attention for their own. They share credit, emphasize team over self, and define success collectively rather than individually.
- Hungry: They are always looking for more. More things to do. More to learn. More responsibility to take on. Hungry people almost never have to be pushed by a manager to work harder because they are self-motivated and diligent. They are constantly thinking about the next step and the next opportunity.
- Smart: They have common sense about people. Smart people tend to know what is happening in a group situation and how to deal with others in most effective way. They have good judgement and intuition around the subtleties of group dynamics and the impact of their words and actions.
Read Full Job Description