Deal Desk and Deal Strategy Manager at DocuSign
Deal Desk and Deal Strategy Manager
Sales & Business Development | Chicago, Illinois
Our Agreement with Employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Finance team plays a critical role in ensuring accurate financial reporting, optimal financial management, and efficient operations across DocuSign. The team consists of Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Revenue Operations, Investor Relations, and Business Operations. The Finance team partners across all organizations in DocuSign to appropriately allocate resources, inform key business decisions, and facilitate the execution of our operational plans.
The Manager, Deal Desk is a high-visibility role that works on our high-risk and complex transactions. This essential role sits at the nexus of multiple functions including sales, product management, pricing strategy and legal to ensure that contracts are structured to maximize value. This role enables one to become an expert in DocuSign business practices and develop a thorough understanding of how all the parts of the business fit together.
Working with senior sales leadership and executives, the Manager, structures and approves complex and high-risk deal proposals on behalf of management. Acting as a trusted advisor and financial problem solver, you will meet with stakeholders to create winning deal structures that maximize partnership opportunities. This is a new function and we are looking for an experienced professional to help build this new team from the ground up.
This position reports to the Director of Business Practices
- Develop innovative deal structures
- Coach and enable sales on deal strategy
- Review and approve contract pricing and terms on behalf of senior management
- Manage the approval process
- Build, maintain and report on business KPIs to senior management
- Assist the Finance team with identifying underlying process issues and internal control gaps, propose process changes and new controls as necessary
- BA or BS degree required
- 8 years of pricing strategy, deal support, bid manager or sales finance experience
- SaaS Master Service Agreement MSA term approval experience
- Previous experience in a contract related position at a SaaS company
- Experience in a role evaluating commercial/business risk factors
- Superior analytical background with strong problem-solving skills
- Superior scenario modeling experience in excel
- Highly effective communication skills
- Capable of explaining concepts clearly and credibly across all levels of the organization
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively to drive results
- Must be detail oriented
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.