Engagement Manager- Major Accounts at DocuSign
Engagement Manager, Majors
Customer Success & Support
We are looking for an Engagement Manager to join our Customer Success team. The Customer Success team is responsible for all elements of customer success including: digital transformation strategy, adoption best practices, implementation services, education and support. The Engagement Manager team fulfills the role of a trusted advisor to sales and customers with a deep understanding of end-to-end professional services and deployment of DocuSign’s Agreement Cloud. They have the ability to understand a customer’s needs, convey steps that customers can take to be successful, recommend best practices in deploying software, and align the right services to promote successful customer outcomes. The Engagement Manager partners closely with the field sales team and support their deals through the alignment and selling of services. Engagement Managers are the conduit between Sales and Customer Success ensuring the downstream teams area prepared to support the services that are sold during the sales cycle.
This position is a quota bearing Individual Contributor and reports to the Director of Global Engagement Management.
- Develop strong relationships with Field Sales, Customers, Customer Success, and Operations to ensure alignment and partnerships to support global field sales through services selling.
- Quickly engage in a selling cycle, align to the sales team’s account and deal strategies and pitch the appropriate services to support customer outcomes.
- Communicate technical concepts in business or technical terms.
- Aptitude to scope services, propose and recommend approaches to customers, and estimate work effort to develop a Statement of Work.
- Deep understanding of services and what outcomes are achieved when each type of services are leveraged by customers.
- Understanding of project methodologies (Agile, Hybrid, Waterfall) and ability to communicate the differences of each as well as how the projects are managed in each approach.
- Partner with Customer Success to ensure appropriate knowledge transfer is conducted once a deal is sold and to support the team when challenges arise.
- Review existing accounts and projects to upsell additional services that support customers’ success and adoption of DocuSign.
- Anticipate problems and recommend innovative solutions; achieve customer satisfaction through the sale of sound consulting projects.
- Ability to hit quotas each quarter. This is a quota-carrying Consulting Sales role.
- Ability to Travel: Typically, 25%
- 8+ years of experience in an enterprise level software consulting or services sales role
- Bachelors’ Degree
- Must have a background in consulting as a consultant
- Proven track record for attaining and exceeding annual quota
- Ability to collaborate with sales to build and execute complex account strategies and sales plays
- Ability to scope and estimate projects and drive contracts and deals to closure.
- Understanding of enterprise development lifecycle (Agile, Hybrid, Waterfall) and ability to communicate the differences of each as well as how the projects are managed in each approach
- Knowledge of SaaS and Cloud-based offerings
- Knowledge of large organizations and customers
- Collaborative and open to support the team on deals, processes, and share skills of how to be most productive as an Engagement Manager
- Must be a self starter that initiates their own personal growth through independent learning of DocuSign’s Agreement Cloud and methods to support customers in digitizing their System of Agreement.
- Excellent team building, verbal and written communication skills as well as reporting and presentation expertise