Enterprise Account Manager at DocuSign
Enterprise Account Manager
Sales & Business Development | Chicago, Illinois
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform how the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our team’s partner with some of the largest most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
The Enterprise Account Manager is a high impact position combining equal parts relationship management and client satisfaction. The ideal candidate brings a proven record of success in a SaaS technology company where they have helped drive customer adoption, had responsibility for revenue retention and demonstrated an ability to drive growth in their assigned accounts. This person will work best in a dynamic, technology-driven environment utilizing phone and on-site interactions to effectively manage a high velocity of activity.
Successful candidates will be highly motivated self-starters, eager to learn, determined to adapt quickly, and comfortable with some ambiguity. Strong cross-functional teamwork and proven success engaging various pre/post sales resources required; including Sales Development Representatives (SDR), Market Development Representatives (MDR), System Engineers (SE), Account Managers (AM), Partner Account Managers (PAM), Sales Managers (SM), as well as Legal, Security, Professional Services, and Customer Success & Support teams.
This position reports to a Director, Enterprise Account Management.
- Deliver consistent engagement with existing DocuSign clients to develop and maintain extraordinary relationships to ensure their satisfaction and retention while helping to grow DocuSign’s incremental revenue
- Drive adoption of existing client investments
- Effectively renew all assigned accounts with favorable terms and conditions
- Qualify sales opportunities based on DocuSign’s sales methodology and metrics, to include client fit and success criteria
- Position DocuSign's value proposition as part of the overall business solution, linking these benefits back to the key business issues of the client
- Expand the DocuSign solution beyond the functionality introduced during implementation process and consistently seek new business opportunities by presenting, recommending, and upselling new DocuSign products, services and partner solutions
- Through networking calls with existing clients, develop referrals into new opportunities and maintain Client Referral program
- Process sales orders and manage customer onboarding
- Manage customer needs for engagement with other DocuSign resources, such as professional services, training, product management and marketing
- Enlist customers to participate and/or speak at DocuSign and partner events
- Regularly review assigned accounts to highlight key results, analyze metrics, demonstrate value, and emphasize the ROI, as well as, recommend process/procedure changes to better utilize DocuSign’s services
- Build and effectively execute account plans and strategies for each target account
- Provide accurate, timely reports, and forecasts, as needed, for management
- Team with Account Executives to ensure qualified upsell is maximized and new customer transition smooth
- Develop and maintain sophisticated knowledge of DocuSign’s products and services
- Maintain current and accurate account information, as well as leads and follow-ups for assigned clients in CRM database
- Assist in identifying and developing scalable account management tools and methodologies that can be applied across the Account Management team
- Manage overall customer loyalty, serving as internal advocate and escalation point to clients
- BS/BA degree in relevant discipline
- 5+ years of direct sales experience or account management experience
- 3+ years in SaaS sales preferred
- Experience selling web-based products/services preferred
- Develop and negotiate enterprise level proposals and contracts
- Experience managing and closing complex sales-cycles
- Willingness and ability to travel as necessary, typically about 10%
- Track record of over-achieving quota (top 10-20% of company) in past positions
- Strong computer skills, including Salesforce.com, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.