Inside Sales Representative at Kin Insurance
Kin Insurance is on a mission to change home insurance from what it could be to what it should be. We're proud to offer affordable insurance coverage in areas most impacted by climate change, like Florida, California and Louisiana, that pay more for insurance than anywhere else in America.
We are also proud to be recognized as Built In's 2021 Best Midsize Companies to Work For in Chicago and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in America. We are growing super fast, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to help lead the way.So, what's the role?
We are looking for a Sales Agent to connect with individuals to provide consultation for their home insurance needs. Best of all, this role requires no cold calling, you will receive qualified leads brought in from our Marketing team. You will develop the best policies to protect their homes and expertly build customized quotes to close the sale. In our dedication to integrity and the success of our sales representatives, we cover the costs of training, testing, and licensing.A day in the life could include:
- Connect with customers via email, text, and chat, to discuss home insurance options and quotes
- Take inbound calls and make outbound dials from and to qualified leads that are provided by Kin
- Follow up with all outstanding potential customers to answer their questions, address concerns, and sell the policy
- Assess customer needs using targeted questions to figure out best policy
- Build custom policies for each customer using internal tools and systems
- Educate customers on the finer points of home insurance to ensure their best understanding
- Actively keep current with industry changes and trends to remain competitive
- 2+ years of sales experience
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in a demanding sales environment while exceeding sales targets
- Excellent selling, negotiation and communication skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Proficiency with different sales tools and CRM's
- Your flexibility allows you to work one weekend shift every 5-8 weeks and to work any of the following shifts: 7 am to 4 pm, 8 am to 5 pm, 9 am to 6 pm, 10 am to 7 pm. (Central Standard Time)
- You possess a Property and Casualty (P&C) or Personal Lines (PL) license
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (including 100% employer-paid plans)
- Remote Work (due to Covid-19)
- 16 days PTO, 2 Floating Holidays & Federal Holidays (Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, etc.)
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Onsite gym membership - when we return to the office (Chicago office only)
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we're making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We're a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it's how we treat each other. That's one of the many reasons we've been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.EEOC Statement
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don't discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.