Manager, Market Development Representative at Seal Software – A DocuSign Company
Sales & Business Development | Chicago, Illinois
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our team’s partner with some of the largest most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
The Manager, Market Development will possess the ability to manage & motivate a team of Market Development Representatives (MDR) to achieve individual opportunity generation quotas. They also must be able to measure, monitor and hold MDRs accountable for their activities and results as well as lead by example. The Manager, Market Development will work directly with MDRs to improve cold calling, qualification and discovery calls, prospecting sequences, appointment setting, follow up, organization, and overall prospecting effectiveness. He/she will work with the Senior Manager of Market Development to increase efficiencies and processes within the department. This Manager will mentor each MDR individually while also building a strong, cohesive, collaborative team that is responsible for supplying qualified leads to DocuSign Account Executives.
This position reports to the Director of Market Development.
- Manage & motivate a team of Market Development Representatives (MDR) to achieve individual opportunity generation quotas.
- Measure, monitor and hold MDRs accountable for their activities and results as well as lead by example.
- Work directly with MDRs to improve calling, qualification and discovery calls, prospecting sequences, appointment setting, follow up, organization, and overall prospecting effectiveness.
- Work with the leader of the Market Development team to increase efficiencies and processes within the department.
- Mentor each MDR individually while also building a strong, cohesive, collaborative team that is responsible for supplying qualified leads to DocuSign Account Executives.
- BA/BS in a business or a technical related field of study
- 1+ years of management experience with specific experience in selling software in a similar SaaS based company AND/OR 3+ years prior experience selling software in a quota-carrying role
- Quota-attainment record of meeting and/or exceeding targets by managing process for identifying, qualifying, & closing new business as well as and not limited to growing an existing install base
- Prior experience developing and maintaining business, sales, & vertical market plans as well as negotiating & closing complex deal
- Track record of building, coaching and enabling a rapidly growing team
- Experience selling into a variety of industries and territories as well as experience cultivating larger, strategic relationships key
- Capacity to work on cross-functional projects and teams as needed as well as leverage internal resources to problem-solve
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – includes excellent reporting (CRM) and forecasting skills.
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.