Medicare Specialist at HealthJoy
Let’s keep things simple: we are an unbelievably talented, hard-working, and compassionate team driving towards a mission that impacts every single one of us - even you!
Healthcare benefits are complex, underutilized and a mystery for most users. We’re removing that complexity. Our industry-changing technology solution puts a simplified benefits experience in the hands of users, saving them time and money.
Following an explosive 2019 & raising $30M in Series C funding this year, (plus awards for Chicago’s Best Tech Startup and Chicago’s Best Place to Work, adding 50+ key team members and more), we’re continuing down the path of high growth and high impact.Your impact.
- You will lead our client-facing operations teams (Implementation & Customer Success) through the next stage of HealthJoy’s growth; creating operational efficiencies, seamless transitions across teams and a unified team to support our clients
- Act as an ambassador, relationship manager, primary point of contact, and Medicare expert for Dedicated group of Healthcare Concierges. You will spend most of your time (80%+) in an agent-facing capacity building relationships and providing real time, best-in-class support that ensures success.
- Nurture, build, and cultivate partnerships. Meet with applicable teams as needed for knowledge transfer.
- Assist in the day-to-day activities associated with the onboarding of new Medicare Concierge Specialists. Know and support new Concierges through the onboarding training steps in tandem with our Learning and Development Dept. Schedule meetings and help manage and coordinate ongoing Medicare training.
- Help maintain and update documentation in Confluence and ensure it is being properly disseminated to the Medicare team via weekly and/or daily touchpoint sessions. Regularly provide community messaging to help morale, keep everyone up to date, and provide general support. Review any KPI’s or questions from the Medicare team on performance and how to improve.
- Offer over-the-phone training or coaching as needed. Direct Concierge staff to training and technical support on all related systems and applications where needed.
- Leverage tools to identify solutions to serve the Medicare community.
- Keep abreast of Medicare regulations, trends, and/or compliance issues.
- Regularly pull reports from Looker and monitor stages of the
- Medicare team to better determine where to focus efforts.
- Resolve all Medicare process-related, procedural problems, and inquiries.
- 1-2 years as a Medicare agent in either a support or sales capacity
- 1-2 years of experience as a community manager, operations coordinator or other similar role.
- Excitement around identifying challenges and implementing solutions.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience working with Global teams preferred but not required
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and community management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail within a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office and familiarity with project management software, and/or other business intelligence tools.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and work on different tasks as needed.
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- Prior experience in a startup or young company that is scaling quickly a plus
Work should be meaningful and rewarding.
HealthJoy offers a robust package of employee perks and benefits including healthcare benefits, a flexible PTO plan, 401k, parental leave, a work from home stipend, telemedicine, Employee Assistance Programs and a generous HSA contribution match.
We also stay connected while working remotely through virtual wellness activities & happy hours, volunteer events in our local communities, lunch and learns, ‘friendship time’ pairings and ‘high five’ Friday’s.
The best benefit of all? We use our own product. As an employee, you can rely on HealthJoy to feel confident about your own healthcare decisions and get the most out of your unique benefits plan.
HealthJoy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.