Principal Solutions Architect at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Accountable for proactively and holistically leading activities, consultation, and documentation that guide the application development community through a portfolio of technology components and varying deployment patterns. Works collaboratively to design, document, and request delivery of multiple concurrent, highly technical, and financially visible complex projects. These projects will leverage multi-platform and multi-site/zone infrastructure environments.
· Derives, challenges, and is able to comprehend and speak to detailed IT customer/application requirements.
· Works collaboratively to design, document, and request delivery of, multi-platform and multi-site/zone infrastructure environments.
· Manages multiple project engagements and priorities autonomously and in parallel.
· Proactively seeks out and works to solve/avoid technical issues before project timelines are impacted.
· Understands, communicates, and challenges standards and processes where appropriate.
· Maintains working knowledge of IT industry and trends.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
· Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
· 4+ years of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, multiple technology areas
· In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, multiple technology areas
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
· Experience with Java applications as an Engineer or Solutions Architect
· Experience in real time, low latency, 99.999% environment is helpful
· Familiarity with Microservice and Cloud architectures
· Payments or Financial Experience
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.