Regional Sales Manager, Midwest at RXBAR
RXBAR: We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBARs are the cleanest protein bar available and our branding stands out. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition in a rapidly growing health food market has our company positioned for growth.
Regional Sales Manager, Midwest: This role is responsible for leading customer strategy, building relationships, and ensuring flawless execution within regional customers, while facilitating internal cross-functional collaboration to grow our business with the retailers. The RSM will sell and market all retail categories of products under the RXBAR brand. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, a strong collaborator, has great organization and communication skills, can work independently, and is hungry to grow a new brand in a new territory.
General Functions + Responsibilities:
- Develop sales plans and business strategy with Director and SVP of Sales for all grocery retailers in the Midwest region, upholding internal pricing and margin standards
- Translate sales plan into clear and executable plans, leveraging broker and distributor network
- Establish and manage key customer relationships through category reviews, business reviews, and meetings to strengthen and build on success of Insurgent Brands
- Collaborate with Regional Sales Managers across the company and be a sales voice in the headquarter office of RXBAR
- Effectively manage brokers, distributors, and merchandisers, by providing clear goals and direction
- Support direct reports, Area Sales Managers, by providing guidance in developing sales plan within region
- Support the execution and management of region budget, trade spend, forecasting, T&E, and reporting
- Ensure execution of new product launches, promotions, secondary placements, and in-stock levels
- Identify and pioneer programs within retailers to drive trial and awareness.
- Work with broker partner and RXBAR’s Insights & Sales Operations teams to understand and manage: Distribution, Voids, In-stock levels, pricing/promotions, and display compliance
- Collaborate with Sales Planning, Revenue Management, Supply Chain and Sales Operations to develop accurate forecast and sales plan, display programs, promotional programs, and proactively solve for issues that create executional challenges
- Collaborate with Insights team to identify trends, competitors, and key opportunities for brand development and improved execution
- Identify and communicate merchandising and shopper marketing programs with marketing counterparts
- Assist finance team with trade management and deduction back up to manage trade
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience in retail sales and merchandising in the CPG industry
- Currently working as Regional Sales Manager or equivalent position within the retail food class of trade
- Proven and successful sales management track record, expense budgeting and management to budget
- Leadership skills and competencies for advancement within the company
- Established relationships with distributors, retailer customer base and brokers
- Knowledge of the natural/organic industry preferred
- Excellent communication skills with external customers, peers, supervisors, and internal supporting departments
- Ability to travel for trade shows, sales calls, and meetings - approximately 40% of time
- Proven integrity in life/employment and honesty in dealings with others
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with RXBAR match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.