Sales Development Representative
SALES DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE
Wellspring is the leading provider of software tools to manage R&D and technology commercialization. Our suite of web-based software manages the transformation of scientific discoveries into real-world products. We work with clients at premier research universities, Fortune 500 companies, and leading medical institutions.
About the role
Wellspring seeks a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our expanding team. In this role, your main responsibility will be to identify, qualify, and progress prospective clients through the sales process via phone, email, social media, and trade show interactions. This position reports to the Director of Marketing.
The Sales Development Representative position is ideal for intellectually curious individuals who have a passion for sales and new business development, as well as genuine enthusiasm for the technology and innovation.
Your Future At Wellspring
As a Sales Development Representative at Wellspring, you will develop innovation, intellectual property, and technology transfer knowledge through mentorship and our sales training program. Wellspring is a growing organization and we encourage our SDR’s to develop cross-functional skills by working with marketing, account executives, and solutions consultants. This role is designed for people interested in entering the software industry and learning the ins and outs of software business operations. If you are looking for a career in software, Wellspring is a great first step and a place to grow your career into other sales and marketing roles.
- Develop and execute on calling and email campaigns to qualify potential customers as a match for our SaaS technology
- Qualify outbound opportunities and develop a strong meeting pipeline for Account Executives via phone and email communications
- Meet weekly and monthly qualified opportunity goals to ensure company revenue objectives are met
- Complete sales methodology training and marketing messaging training
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of the Wellspring technology, industry trends, and competition
- Bachelor's degree with a strong academic background required
- Passion for technology and possess a high level of integrity
- Strong communication, analytic, and listening skills, with a positive approach
- Self-starter and hardworking, with a track record of success and drive for achievement
- Sales training, pre-call planning, or software industry knowledge experience is a plus
Are you the perfect fit? We invite interested and qualified applicants to submit all of the following: resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Wellspring will contact targeted candidates for initial interviews within 2 weeks of receiving their applications.
Wellspring is an Equal Opportunity Employer.