Sales Director at Rheaply
Hi, we’re Rheaply 👋
Over the past year, the world has cultivated a new sense of appreciation for everyday stuff. With global supply chains collapsing and operating budgets shrinking across the board, we have seen the demand for goods and services skyrocket. The obvious solution to being more resourceful and cost-conscious has been to increase the value of everything already around us. At Rheaply, we’re helping organizations do that by developing better inventory management and resource sharing tools. Although rewarding, this problem is not ours alone to solve, which is why we need extraordinary talented people like you to join our team. While we’re also excited to one day meet in person (and hopefully soon!), we are ready to conduct our entire interviewing and onboarding process remotely.
Founded in 2016, Rheaply, Inc. is a Chicago-based technology company focused on solutions for making organizations more efficient, sustainable, and connected. Rheaply has developed and launched the only exchange technology for researchers to share their ideas and surplus resources with colleagues to reduce time, costs, as well as environmental waste. On Rheaply’s Asset Exchange Manager (AxM), users from all departments can access resources and expertise from colleagues in the same organization or beyond. Recently, Rheaply has been featured in The New York Times, Nature, VERGE, and Greenbiz, chosen as a 10 Big Idea in Innovation by Chicago Magazine, a Circular Economy Solver by MIT SOLVE, and received the 2019 Sustainable Procurement Leadership (SPLC) Award for Circular Economy Leadership among other notable awards and recognitions.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Director of Sales will be responsible for Rheaply Sales Development, Net-New Account Executives, as well as Account Management functions.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3+ years of SaaS leadership experience and a minimum of 7+ years selling SaaS solutions to Enterprise Customers - ideally in a high-growth, venture backed environment. This individual will have successfully carried a team quota of +$5MM in ARR with a track record of achieving double digit growth year over year.
The role will require extensive experience navigating teams through highly complex sales processes lasting anywhere from 8-14 months, across 5+ internal stakeholders, resulting in 6 figure deal sizes. You will have a deep understanding of how to guide buyers through a seamless and cohesive purchase through the use of prescription and meticulously mapped customer journeys.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and develop the direct sales team. This will require excellent people management, performance management, and implementation of coaching frameworks across many different roles and competencies.
- Lead the execution of aggressive revenue targets - both net-new as well as retention and growth. This will require a commitment to day-to-day operational rigor including pipeline development and review, training, hiring, performance management, and best practice socialization.
- Own forecasting while also managing performance against key performance indicators across all direct revenue functions.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Customer Success, Engineering and Product to accelerate sales cycles, generate new sales opportunities and drive revenue through multiple channels.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Rheaply product and customer, ensuring sales processes maintain alignment with customer buying behavior and industry trends.
- Act as player/coach when necessary, supporting your team in bringing deals in all stages through the funnel. You will lead by example, exemplifying the Rheaply sales process in the field with an ability to handle strategic customer conversations with confidence.
- Exhibit a deep understanding of all stages of the buying journey from business development and inbound/outbound lead generation to customer retention and use case expansion.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of Enterprise SaaS experience, a minimum of 3+ of which were spent leading a team of individual contributors
- Proven track record of effectively developing and managing a team of sales professionals - ranging from sales development representatives to strategic account management
- Proven success scaling and developing teams
- Experienced with the demands of a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Must have a strong executive presence, excellent communications skills and demonstrate cross-functional collaboration
- Comfortable with diving into new ideas and learning new skill sets on the fly
- Self-motivated and organized with sharp project & time management skills
- Displays critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Extremely goal-oriented with a positive attitude and high energy
- “Yes, and” mentality in design with the ability to understand requests and what is needed in addition to and beyond what is asked
It helps if you have:
- Experience in a fast-paced, B2B startup environment especially at the Post-Seed/Series A stage of maturity.
- Experience working directly under senior management/executive leadership in support of a significant (> $5MM) venture-backed fundraise.
- Experience with Google Business products (Drive, Sheets, Docs, etc.), Collateral Libraries/Catalogs (AirTable, etc.), Adobe Creative Suite, UX Design Tools (Figma, etc.), Project Management Software (i.e. Asana, Monday.com, etc.)
- A demonstrated interest in sustainability or the circular economy
- A scrappy, motivated team player able to lead and contribute to a diverse set of knowledge and backgrounds.
- A builder who is able to pivot to the needs of a growing business and culture.
- Curious, research focused and ready to learn.
- Living Rheaply’s Core Values. (see below)
At Rheaply, we envision a world where all assets and resources are highly visible, searchable, and reusable. Oh, and we love what we do, like, really love what we do. So, join us today to help us achieve our mission!
Rheaply’s Core Values
At Rheaply, we thrive to provide the most seamless experience for our AxM users, enabling our client organizations to achieve full utilization of their assets, thereby reducing costs and waste by keeping valuable resources in circulation. As a team, we pledge to execute our work in accordance with our seven Core Values.
- We Listen To and Delight Our Users -- Our users are our most important stakeholders. We strive to provide the most seamless user experience and value to our users across client organizations. We do our best to have empathy for their problems and challenges. We listen to users’ feedback and provide timely responses to questions and needs.
- We Encourage Individual Team Member Growth, Innovation, And Happiness -- Our people are our most valuable assets. Rheaply’s success is dependent upon the collective drive, intelligence, curiosities and contributions of all of our team members. We care for the wellbeing of each team member and ensure that they have the support and mentorship they need to succeed at Rheaply and beyond.
- We Value Transparency, Humility, and Open Communication -- The key determinant to our successful market execution is our ability to communicate and share successes, learnings, insights, struggles, and solutions across our teams. At Rheaply, we strive to cultivate a culture of intelligence with humility. We care about hearing each member’s voice and understanding his or her unique perspective.
- We Care About Our Communities And The Environment -- Rheaply is driven by the mission to reduce our environmental footprint and accelerate our transition to a circular economy. We strive to live by our mission of promoting environmental awareness and waste reduction in our decisions and actions at Rheaply and beyond.
- We Promote A Collaborative Culture of Learning and Problem-Solving -- Rheaply is committed to finding straightforward solutions to complex problems. We are constantly learning from each other, from our clients, and from our competitors. We strive to understand problems at the microscopic level and become industry experts in building, deploying, and iterating sustainable, circular solutions.
- We Are Tenacious and We Own Our Work -- At Rheaply, we are dedicated to enabling the transition to a more circular world. We are relentless about our mission and vision. We hold ourselves accountable for our words and actions, both internally and in the market.
- We Strive To Be Helpful -- We view all the work we do at Rheaply as daily, non-stop efforts to help and support each other, our clients, our users, our partners, and our shared environment.
In addition, Rheaply, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of our activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, interns, volunteers, subcontractors.