We are dscout. At our core, we are People Nerds. We empower our customers to meet the people who matter to them in the moments that matter most. Customer-obsessed companies and agencies like Salesforce, Sonos, Groupon, and Best Buy use dscout to build better products and services because of people like you. We are building a smart and driven team, and we would love for you to join us.
Our Sales organization is actively looking for a highly motivated Manager of Existing Business (EBT) to join our team. This is a full-time, high visibility role that will require you to manage 6-8 Account Managers directly. You will play an active role in the development and coaching of these Account Managers, and owning metrics around a book of business.
We are looking for a self-starter who is comfortable in a partnership oriented sales approach, helping to drive and secure revenue, mitigate subscriber churn, and driving usage within our accounts. You will be tasked with keeping things simple, organized and clear – even in the most complex situations – so that we can grow together and scale our business.
This role reports to the Director of Existing Business, and will be responsible for our strategic accounts, the core of our business with large revenue growth potential.
What you will do (let’s call them Responsibilities):
- Provide onboarding, regular coaching, feedback, and professional development for everyone on your team using tools like Gong.io
- Analyze and report on key metrics and forecasts to senior management
- Have an excellent understanding of dscout’s platform and be ready and willing to assist Account Managers with: implementation, troubleshooting, quarterly business reviews, negotiations, and renewals
- Manage 1v1s based on the three pillars of dscout performance: Growth, Results, Team Dynamics
- Coach and advocate for your team to achieve their potential
- Use quantitative and qualitative data analysis to drive operational excellence in the areas of customer engagement
What you need to have (let’s call them Desired Skills and Background):
- 5-7 years in a quota carrying role managing accounts
- 2-3 years in direct management
- 5+ years in selling Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Amazing written and verbal communication skills
- Keen focus on data and analytics
- Excellent organizational skills, and a solution oriented mindset
What is nice to have (let’s call them Additional Skills):
- Strong attention to detail, thoroughness and ability to handle multiple tasks and initiatives at any given moment
- Adaptability within a dynamic, constantly changing environment. Flexibility and openness to think of new solutions when plans change, while appropriately setting and managing expectations.
- Proficiency with SalesForce, Excel or Google Sheets
- Proven relationship builder. You have excellent people skills, are a natural leader, and have experience consulting and influencing customers, up to the executive level.
- Passion for leadership, and leading with confidence. You know your audience and can communicate effectively while translating technical ideas to non-technical people and inspire people to try new things
- Be (or be willing to become) an expert in research trends, stay informed of data-driven industry news, emerging technologies and competitor offerings.
- Strategic mindset. You love evaluating things from a high level, but also have a technical curiosity and enjoy working directly with products
- Highly motivated, self-sufficient and able to operate autonomously. You demonstrate the ability to launch an initiative, take ownership and follow through. Actively seeks out self-development opportunities
- Confident cross-functional team player who can keep people from multiple disciplines aligned toward the same goal
- Experience working in a software company that also offers professional services
We do our best to write realistic, accurate job descriptions, but we also recognize that great talent comes in many forms and from many backgrounds. Not sure if you meet all of the above bullets? Please apply anyway!
Note: As a result of COVID-19, the dscout team has decided to work remotely for the time being. However, we are now interviewing, hiring, and onboarding remotely for all open roles! While our office is temporarily open for teammates who feel comfortable coming in, no current or future employees will be required to come back into our office at this time.
What will you get?
Here at dscout, we are a team of passionate research, sales, technical, marketing, design, success, and operations professionals. We are driven by the power of research—how in-context insights from real people can build products and services that are more people-centric. We value learning, sharing, and building. We deeply value being a diverse and inclusive team and company, and we are looking for team members who align with that belief. We are proud of what dscout is today and we are excited to build our future with you.
In addition to joining a smart and passionate team, you will get:
- A strong compensation package with bonus structure. Your success is tied to company success. We are all in this together.
- An incredible set of core benefits as well as a 401k with match, solid PTO policy, and generous company holidays. We are committed to supporting our team.
- Exposure to the inner workings of a growing company, including open, transparent communication within our team. You will know what is happening and why it matters.
- An education stipend. We are committed to helping build your future.
- A beautiful workspace along the Chicago Riverwalk, that is temporarily open for teammates who feel comfortable coming in and working from there. Read more about our new office space here!
dscout is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.