Sales Manager at Kin Insurance
Kin Insurance is on a mission to change home insurance from what it could be to what it should be. We're proud to offer affordable insurance coverage in areas most impacted by climate change, like Florida, California and Louisiana, that pay more for insurance than anywhere else in America.
We are also proud to be recognized as Built In's 2021 Best Midsize Companies to Work For in Chicago and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in America. We are growing super fast, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to help lead the way.So, what's the role?
Kin is GROWING! With the expansion of our sales team we're looking for a talented Sales Manager to help continue to build and lead a sales team. Our Sales Managers play a key role in the growth and success of Kin.
As a Sales Manager, you will hire, develop, and manage the front line Sales Agents through strategic mentoring to guide them towards achieving sales targets and goals. We are a cross-functional organization and you will partner with other departments to ensure your team has the tools they need to be successful. As we change the way our customers purchase insurance and interact with their agents, we value your point of view and expertise on areas of improvement.A day in the life could include:
- Establish sales objectives to forecast and develop monthly, weekly and daily sales quotas
- Thoughtfully coach, empower and engage 12-14 diverse Sales Agents
- Meet/exceed target performance plan and objective standards for Sales Agents
- Provide data reporting, analysis and tracking on team sales performance and individual Agent performance
- Develop and implement new sales initiatives, strategies and programs
- Assist in recruiting, onboarding and training of new Sales Agents
- 3+ years of sales experience with 2+ years of leading Sales Agents
- You possess a Property and Casualty (P&C) or Personal Lines (PL) license
- Consistent track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals and performance metrics
- Proficiency with sales software (CRM) and reporting tools
- Your flexibility allows you to work one weekend shift every 5-8 weeks
- You thrive in a fast paced, changing environment by maintaining a genuine positive and collaborative attitude
- Call/Contact Center experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (including 100% employer-paid plans)
- Remote Work (due to Covid-19) and flexible work hours
- Flexible PTO policy
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Onsite gym membership - when we return to the office (Chicago office only)
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we're making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We're a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it's how we treat each other. That's one of the many reasons we've been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.EEOC Statement
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don't discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.