Strategic Account Manager
Position at The Jellyvision Lab
Jellyvision is hiring Strategic Account Managers
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that makes tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—easier and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need talented Strategic Account Managers to help us.
Jellyvision is looking to capitalize on the momentum that comes with disrupting an industry ripe for change and a big part of that is growing a team of Account Managers who are charged with delighting and growing current ALEX® accounts. The team’s goal is to:
- Help customers be successful in their use of ALEX®
- Sell customers other ALEX® products and services that solve their problems
- Leverage strong customer relationships for marketing
- Effectively communicate customer insights to the broader team at Jellyvision
- Oh…and be super fun and charming along the way.
The role involves a lot of customer interaction, a key focus on account growth and sales, and the ability to develop and maximize a close working relationship with the Insights analyst team (which is managed under the same VP). We’re a curious, goofy (but in a cool way), hard-working bunch who really like each other. It makes for a fun work day.
A successful Strategic Account Manager would:
- Actively sell the customer on Jellyvision’s new technologies and products – executing a strong sales process complete with pre-research, consultative question asking, pitches, and follow-ups
- Support key customer accounts through the sale of custom services, working with our project management and services team to appropriately scope and execute the project
- Help the account team design and iterate the system for customer touchpoints throughout their journey with ALEX®, managing the handoff from sales and the integration with the marketing and implementation teams
- Answer customer questions (via phone and email) with a deft mix of charm and hard-core competence
- Travel occasionally to visit customers onsite
Experience & Skills
We’re looking for awesome, experienced account managers, super comfortable with selling into (often large) corporate accounts and working with sales quotas. Bonus points if you’ve worked specifically with HR/Corporate Communications accounts or in the SaaS industry.
In a nutshell, we’re looking for people who are:
- Excitable. This role is about championing the customer and chasing the win. You should be a person who gets excited with the “a-ha” moment, excited by the sale, and excited by Jellyvision’s product and place in the market.
- Bright. You’ll have to do great research to be the expert on your customer accounts and the issues in the industry – a lot of this involves creative problem solving and crafty communication.
- Curious. In this role, you have to be inquisitive and energetic. You’re going to have to take a consultative approach to sales, being insightful and endlessly seeking out the real problems your customers are facing. Know-it-alls need not apply.
- Insightful. All that great customer knowledge and question asking? You’re going to have to use it wisely to make the right connections between your customers’ needs, Jellyvision’s products, and their overall Jellyvision experience.
- Discerning. This role walks the fuzzy line connecting customer relationship management and sales. You’re going to have to know when to try to make the sale, and when to hold off because it’s not the right solution for your customer.
- Genuine. No one likes a phony. Jellyvision people really care, are really interested, and really want to help people. Don’t be afraid to be you.
- Driven and motivated. This is a role where you’ll be encouraged to do great work by everyone around you, and you need to be up for the challenge. Our amazing team will help make sure you have the tools to ace the job, but ultimately your success will be determined by your hard work and dedication.
- Confident, not cocky. At the end of the day, we’re a humble crew. You’ve got to have personality (wit and Jellyvision charm) inserted into all of your customer communications, but still have the gravitas to close a sale with the big-wigs.
- Team player. We foster a collaborative environment and encourage team members to be helpful. Be proactive with learning from your peers but also be confident to share your experiences and knowledge with the team.
- Hardworking and Eager. We need individuals who like to learn and enjoy being busy, and are willing to jump in, lend a hand, and overall take initiative when it comes to new projects, tasks and duties.
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.