SVP of Strategic Partnerships
We here at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that happens to share some DNA (and a sense of humor) with the smash-hit trivia video game YOU DON’T KNOW JACK, created by Jellyvision's founder. ALEX makes navigating tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits or improving your financial wellness—easier, faster, and more helpful, not to mention entertaining. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest dreams, and the best is yet to come.
Licensing software directly to employers is our primary business, and that business is heavily influenced by a lot of different channels. To our customers (employers) and our users (employees), we exist in a complex ecosystem of brokers, consultants, carriers, benefit administrators, and a myriad of point solution vendors. This complexity can be a big barrier for both employers and employees efficiently getting things done. We want to connect with strategic partners who will give us a more comprehensive view of employers and employees alike so we can more effectively sell the products we’ve already created and with whom we can build new world class software that helps everyone win.
In short, we want build partnerships that can help us achieve our goals, connect with our market, and guide our next generation of research and development.
SO WHAT’S THE JOB?
You’ll lead our efforts in researching, identifying, and building strategic partnerships to anchor the next generation of our products, and maximize the potential of our existing ones. The main buckets of work are:
- Strategic Planning– you’ll help map out the ecosystem and identify who we should partner with then help us both acquire and activate them. You’ll own thinking through how we can help partners win, what our go-to-market plan should be, including pricing, marketing, contracting and implementation, and how we best service the customer through the product life cycle. And then you’ll work with our partners to make sure everything goes swimmingly to plan.
- Product Planning– you’ll expand our institutional knowledge of our partners, their priorities, and how we can make our products more attractive to them. You’ll represent the voice of our partners to our SVP of Product and Product Managers when we’re making road map decisions and coordinating with internal teams on updates, new features, and next generation bets.
- Revenue generation– you’ll own the numbers for partnership sales, and you’ll work with our Chief Revenue Officer to make sure we hit those numbers as efficiently as possible, with minimal conflict with direct sales or external market confusion.
- Team Management– you’ll help expand and develop a team of sales people and account managers who serve our existing partners. You’ll help that team achieve their revenue targets while making partners love ALEX and Jellyvision.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE LOOK LIKE?
There are three ways we’ll know if we’re accomplishing our goals:
- Achieving revenue goals within targeted CAC
- Maintaining high partner health scores (NPS or other mechanisms)
- Exceeding our goals for partner-influenced product launches that reduce the cost of confusion around employee benefits and financial well-being
SO WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN YOU?]
- Strategic B2B channel selling skills. We need a consultative seller who understands how large organizations evaluate problems, make decisions, and do the math prior to purchase—and someone who understands the role partnerships play in each of these steps.
- An In-the-Field Operator who can bring information and insight back to Jellyvision. We need someone who can cultivate senior level relationships with key partners. Some travel will be required, and bringing trends, insights, and partner perspective back to Jellyvision’s leadership and teams in a memorable, actionable way is a key part of the gig.
- A Great Recruiter and Coach. We’re looking for a person who knows otherpeople, and has relationships at the ready for hiring and exploring partnerships. We also need someone with great ideas for bringing out the best in all people, and getting the best results.
- Experience with M&A and build/buy/borrow analyses.It’ll come in handy.
- A dot connector. We need someone who knows the difference between what the market wants and what the market needs, and who can help us figure out how our solutions can uniquely provide for those needs.
- Great listening skills, as well as humility. We aren’t the right solution for everyone at every time, and we’re big believers in “seeking first to understand” before we make our pitch. Also, we know people want to do business with people they like. So we’re looking for someone that can form positive relationships that can yield fruit in another season, even if the timing isn’t right for this season.
- We want killer sales instincts, but we’re hoping to find them in someone with a down-to-earth, laid back personality. Do we want someone who’s a master at overcoming objections? Yes. But we’d also really love to find someone who doesn’t run around saying things like “overcoming objections” all the time.
- Technical savvy.Or, at least a comfort level with discussing and understanding technical issues because, well, we’re a software company.
- A phenomenal sense of humor. Yes, it will make you more effective. And it also makes a more pleasant way for the rest of us to pass the time, as we spin upon this tiny rock through the endless dark.
- And finally, we’d prefer someone based out of Chicago but aren’t tied to it. Relocation is negotiable, as is remote work for the right person who can commit to spending a decent chunk of time in our Chicago HQ at least for the first few months to get to know us. This role work in close collaboration with our CRO, SVP of Product, and CMO, among many others.
AND WHAT KINDS OF EXPERIENCE SHOULD YOU HAVE?
- 10+ years sales and partnership management experience, as well as 5+ years of managing people.
- Proven sales chopsand strong relationshipsin employee benefits, corporate communications or enterprise software. If you’ve been selling to large companies, that’s a huge plus.
- Significant experience establishing and evaluating partnership strategies and processesat the enterprise level.
- Experience building and leading record-setting partnership teams that play well within a direct-sales-based organization. We need someone who understands how to build a channel team that’s collaborative (rather than competitive), while still prioritizing the efficiency and productivity of Sales reps.
Yes. We share a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere. So we only hire nice, bright, funny people who are willing to work hard. Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. We think the best way to be helpful is with a workforce as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing folks to our team who bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
ARE THERE ANY PERKS? YES, WE LOVE PERKS.
- Competitive pay, 401(k) with matching, stock options and benefits. We pay 100% of the cost of premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance for our employees, as long as you qualify for our tobacco-free discount (if you’re a tobacco user, your medical premiums will be higher than $0). We also cover a really nice chunk of the medical, dental and vision premiums for spouses/partners/dependents.
- Casual dress and a flexible schedule. Come in a sweatshirt, jeans, whatever, like everyone else here.
- Creative work environment. We are lucky to work in a place that is full of intelligent, talented and innovative folks. Although most hours the place is deathly quiet (we're a focused bunch), this is punctuated with occasional outbursts of hilarity and merriment, which makes a nice way to spend the day.
- Free food. Every week, we stock our kitchen with healthy snack foods, and we have a catered lunch every other week too so everyone can hang out and eat together.
- Easy transportation. We’re really close to the 'L' and the Halsted (#8) bus (right by the Apple Store and mega Whole Foods). We have a transit FSA that allows you to dedicate pre-tax dollars to public transportation expenses. A number of our employees like to bike to work, so we also have showers and lockers in the office. And if you like biking but hate riding the same bike twice, we offer free Divvy memberships to employees.
- Did we mention our yoga and meditation classes? We bring a pro instructor right to the office. Fully subsidized by Jellyvision and fully optional, btw.
- Oh! And we have a massage chair. Not just any massage chair, my friend. It’s the HumanTouch HT 5320 WholeBody™ Massage Chair. Feeling a little stiff? Sit down. Relax. Feel better? Good. Okay, back to work.
AND HOW DO I APPLY?
We look forward to hearing about you and what you do. Make sure your application includes:
- Your resume
You will receive an auto-reply confirming that we've received your application. If you still have pressing questions in the meantime, please feel free to check out our handy-dandy FAQ page!