VP, Business Development
As the premier e-commerce network, ShopRunner offers its members free two-day shipping, free returns, and seamless checkout at hundreds of retailers. Spending billions of dollars in the network annually, ShopRunner’s millions of members prove every day that retailers can attract high-value customers by tailoring their shipping and checkout options. ShopRunner’s network of leading retailers includes Neiman Marcus Group, Hudson’s Bay Company, Kate Spade & Company, Cole Haan and over one hundred more. With people in offices in Chicago and Conshohocken, PA, we’re perpetrators of good vibes and great experiences for our customers, our merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The VP, Business Development will be responsible for building market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing deals with prospective partners. This individual will position ShopRunner to attract new retailers and further relationships with current customers by deepening the market presence.
ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage and close a pipeline of new Retail partners from the Internet Retailer top 500 roster
- Identify significant new business opportunities with potential clients and manage the pursuit process through opportunity qualification, facilitation of client meetings, and follow-up/assistance through sales closing
- Analyze customer needs in terms of current business obstacles, identifying projects and scoping potential solution sales
- Build a robust sales pipeline of the Internet Retailer 500
- Target, develop and manage long-term client relationships/partnerships with the executive “C” level decision makers from the Internet Retailer 500
- Tactically identify appropriate entry point into a retailer
- Develop and implement strategies to maximize margins and increase market share
- Qualify leads and delivers or exceeds sales revenue targets
ABOUT WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- A minimum of 8-10 years of experience in selling in a consultative sales process
- Four year degree from an accredited college institution
- Direct experience nurturing meaningful relationships with CMO, Head of eCommerce, and Head of Innovation
- Deep understanding of eCommerce and selling a suite of products to the retail industry
- Proven negotiation and closing skills
- Excellent listening skills with an ability to provide solutions to based on client concerns
- An entrepreneurial attitude and the proven ability to take ownership for prospecting and developing a pipeline
- Superior presentation and communication skills
- Strategic thinking capabilities and the ability to accomplish goals in a timely, productive and fiscally responsible manner
OTHER THINGS WE’D LIKE YOU TO KNOW:
The successful candidate will first and foremost be a savvy, strategic and analytical business leader with a passion for new challenges. The individual will be a seasoned executive who has an understanding of strategic marketing, online sales and partnering with cross-functional teams. This individual will be a spirited idea person with strong strategic sales, negotiation, and revenue generating skills. S/he will have the ability and vision to identify and execute new business opportunities.
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.