About This Role
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you'll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it - we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We're all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
As a Scrum Master, you will follow and promote agile methodology and all related scrum ceremonies within an agile team. You enable the team to work as effectively as possible and resolve obstacles, so the team meets sprint objectives and releases stay on track and. You coach the team to own and continuously improve their process and practices. Actively manages and escalates risk and customer-impacting issues within the day-to-day role to management.
- Responsible for facilitating all Scrum ceremonies, such as Daily Standup, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Sprint Retro, in addition to collecting and providing relevant data and metrics
- Act as Servant Leader. Drives team discussion & collaboration, coaching agile principles and the continuous improvement mindset in addition to helping manage impediment removal by working closely with other teams and impacted stakeholders
- Attends Scrum of Scrum meetings as needed to synchronize across teams and resolve blockers
- Facilitates Sprint release planning with Product Manager, Product Owner and stakeholders to determine the features, its sequence and expected timeline. Assists Product Manager, Product Owner roles with on-going backlog refinement
- Ensures sprint releases stay on track and updates sprint activities in agile planning and execution tracking tool. Assist with status reporting, velocity metrics, sprint accomplishments, in addition to socializing current risks and issues
- Partners with others in the Agile community (Scrum Masters, APMs and Agile Coaches) to drive technology-focused teams towards achieving Agile principles
- Coaches the team to own and continually improve their process and practices. Driving teams to improve agility practices and become more self-organizing
At a minimum, here's what we need from you:
- Bachelors - Computer Science or Business or related
- 4+ Years - Agile Practice or related
If we had our say, we'd also look for:
- Experience working for a large, highly sophisticated organization
- Experience in Fintech domain
- Understanding of Agile Principles
- An Agile practice related Certification required (CSM, CSP-SM, SAFe, KMP, TKP, etc.)
- Execution Focused
- Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience with Jira
- Broad knowledge of testing principles, automation principles and supporting technologies
- Knowledge of different Agile frameworks (Kanban, Scrum)
- Build in quality practices (Pair Programming)
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure, foundational understanding of development tools and database technologies
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The base pay for this position generally ranges between $74,000.00 to $124,800.00. Additional incentives may be provided as part of a market competitive total compensation package. Factors, such as but not limited to, geographical location, relevant experience, education, and skill level may impact the pay for this position.
We also offer a range of benefits and programs based on eligibility. These benefits include:
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Health Savings Account
- STD, Life, LTD and AD&D
- Recognition Program
- Education Assistance
- Commuter Benefits
- Family Support Programs
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Learn more at MyDiscoverBenefits.com .
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
All Discover employees place our customers at the very center of our work. To deliver on our promises to our customers, each of us contribute every day to a culture that values compliance and risk management.
Discover is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Discover is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other legally protected status. (Know Your Rights)