Hello, we're Shiftgig
Shiftgig connects businesses with the on-demand workforce through our industry-leading mobile platform. Our technology provides financial opportunity for hourly workers seeking flexibility and choice, while delivering powerful business agility to companies.
Why Work with Us?
We’re looking for the right people to join Shiftgig’s team in our downtown Chicago headquarters. We want people who are energized by our mission and product -- people with the right skills and the drive to make Shiftgig the best-in-class technology provider in the human capital management ecosystem.
An Insider's view of Shiftgig
How does your team reward individual success?
Our team works to acknowledge and bring to fruition great ideas so they reach customers. Seeing how an individual’s work impacts a customer’s life for the better is the biggest reward. We also take the time to celebrate big team milestones, with champagne, to appreciate how far we’ve come.
Director of Design
What projects are you most excited about?
The product and engineering team is working on integrating with AWS which is very exciting. As a junior developer and someone that is new to the field of technology, I’ve had the rare opportunity to gain hands-on experience during this large project. Collaborating and problem solving with my fellow engineers has been a great learning opportunity.
Junior Python Engineer
How does the company support your career growth?
Shiftgig has been wonderful in supporting my career growth. I work with great leaders who invest their time in teaching me new skills and placing me into job functions that align with my strengths. During my time at Shiftgig, I’ve worked in many different departments and each time I feel supported in my knowledge and growth within the company.
Customer Success Manager
What unique initiatives do you have that encourage innovation?
Each quarter, product and engineering steps away from our traditional sprint cycle and participates in a special innovation sprint. We embrace exploring new ideas that could impact the future of Shiftgig. We hold a pitch session, form teams, and a week later, demo our results. Oftentimes, our prototypes and learnings inform our roadmap.
Chief Technology Officer
What does your typical day look like?
Each day the product team does a daily check-in to catch up on yesterday’s accomplishments, today’s plans, and any blockers in the way of our goals. Our product development process is centered on close communication with internal and external stakeholders which enables us to discover problems and validate and build solutions effectively every day.
Where we are
Our office location offers quick access to local transportation, tons of dining and shopping options, and is just blocks away from Millennium Park.
1 N. State Street, Chicago, IL 60602
Perks + Benefits
Health Insurance & Wellness
Health Insurance Benefits
Retirement & Stock Options
Vacation & Time Off
Unlimited Vacation Policy
Paid Volunteer Time
Job Training & Conferences
- Collaboration between departments at Shiftgig is huge. In my role, there are always problems to be solved and I often need help from other departments. From payroll to product to sales, I've never encountered resistance when asking for help.TorrieClient Success Manager
- The vibe at Shiftgig is energetic, fun and welcoming. With every employee working towards the same goal, it creates a high level of energy and motivation. I leave the office every day feeling like I've accomplished something great.SagarProduct Support Specialist
- At Shiftgig, there are many opportunities for employees to step up, take on more responsibility and show off their talents. Because of this, I’ve had the opportunity to grow professionally and gain new skills in a short amount of time.JeffIT Administrator
- The team here at Shiftgig thrives on taking ownership of our roles to solve real-world problems. We're compassionate in our work and motivated to "do whatever it takes" to meet the needs of our workers, our clients, and our teammates.RyanSenior Account Manager
Jobs at Shiftgig8 open jobs
Design + UX
Dev + Engineer
Design + UX
Design + UX
Technology we use
- jQuery UILibraries
- Microsoft SQL ServerDatabases
- Google AnalyticsAnalytics
- HubspotLead Gen
Articles we're in20 articles
Our funding history
$3M in FundingInvestors: I2A Fund, FireStarter Fund, Red Barn Investments
$10M in FundingInvestors: Chicago Ventures, DRW Ventures, Firestarter Fund, KGC Capital, and Corazon Capital., he Garland Funds
$22M in FundingInvestors: led by Renren Inc. and saw participation from a number of local and national VCs, including Chicago Ventures, DRW Venture Capital, GGV Capital, Garland Capital Group, KGC Capital, Pritzker Group, Wicklow Capital. Angel investors Fabrice Grinda and Match.com CEO Sam Yagan
$3.9M in Funding
$20M in FundingInvestors: DRW Venture Capital, FJ Labs, GGV Capital, KDWC Ventures