Assistant Vice President, Corporate Credit Ratings
The Group: Morningstar Credit Ratings, LLC is registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as a nationally recognized statistical rating organization (NRSRO). Morningstar Credit Ratings issues credit ratings on a variety of security types including commercial mortgage-backed and residential mortgage-backed securities. This Morningstar subsidiary aims to increase market transparency by providing the highest-quality ratings, securities research, monitoring services, operational risk assessments, data, and tools.
The Role: As an Assistant Vice President, you will work closely with other members of the analytical team to perform fundamental analysis and publish research reports on a group of companies in the industrials and other sectors. You will also act as a generalist to assist in the modeling and fundamental research for other situations in which we need a corporate credit rating both internally and externally. This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Maintain corporate credit ratings for your coverage list within the sector, including presenting the credits to the rating committee as appropriate for ratings actions.
- Evaluate and build detailed financial models for each company in your sector, focusing on the key drivers of the business.
- Research, analyze, and write credit reports for these companies on a regular basis to provide our clients with updated credit viewpoints.
- Write company and sector specific research reports that incorporate creative insights.
- Produce concise and timely credit notes as appropriate for your list of companies in response to news and other events affecting the credits.
- Contribute to the credit team in other ways including enhancing the research product and process, developing into a voting member of the credit committee, and assuming responsibility for special projects.
- A bachelor`s degree; a CFA designation, MBA and/or CPA is preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in corporate bond research, industry analysis, financial research, or a related field. Experience at a credit rating agency is helpful.
- Strong accounting skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to speak comfortably with company managers and institutional investors.
- The ability to make timely decisions under tight deadlines, sometimes with incomplete information.
Please submit a writing sample that demonstrates your writing and analytical skills, along with a resume and cover letter
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.