2019 Business Technology College Hire Program – Data Analytics (Undergraduate) at Discover
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Discover Financial Services is a leading direct bank and electronic payment services company. Our direct bank issues the company’s flagship credit card business and offers an array of banking products, such as private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts, certificates of deposit, and money market accounts. Discover operates PULSE, one of the nation’s leading ATM/debit networks; Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in more than 185 countries and territories. For more information, visit www.discover.com/careers.
About the Program
The Discover College Hire Program is an exciting opportunity to work on challenging projects in a sought after work environment and culture. This program provides participants with:
- Interesting project assignments
- Real time and consistent feedback
- A team of resources to assist with training and career development
- Exposure to managers
- Broad knowledge of cross-functional initiatives, experience and career contacts
- Opportunities to interact with the executive leadership team through program events
As a values-oriented organization, Discover’s goal is to hire the best and brightest candidates as full-time employees after graduating from their collegiate studies.
Business Technology Track:
The Business Technology College Hire track merges leading edge technologies with customer-focused business solutions. Positions are primarily based at our Chicagoland headquarters (Riverwoods, IL) with potential assignments at other US offices.
Business Technology College Hire Program Highlights:
- Training on industry/organizational knowledge, technical and leadership skills
- Placement aligned to desired areas and abilities
- Challenging work assignments
- Dedicated program managers, experienced managers and knowledgeable mentors
- Interaction with other recent college hires through program events
As a Data Analytics College Hire in Business Technology you may:
- Learn and work with some of the following: S3, EMR / Hadoop, Redshift, DynamoDB, Kinesis, EC2, Spark, Scala, and other AWS BIG DATA Technologies.
- Develop data driven solutions with current and next gen BIG DATA technologies to meet evolving business needs.
- Code and integrate open source solutions into an enterprise Hadoop ecosystem.
- Manage code on Github.
- Utilize multiple development languages such as Python, SPARK, Hive, R, Java.
- Fast prototype solutions by integrating various open source components.
- Operationalize open source data-analytic tools for enterprise use.
- Develop real-time data ingestion and stream-analytic solutions leveraging technologies such as Kafka, Spark, NIFI.
- Work with automated build and continuous integration systems (Chef, Jenkins, Docker).
- Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Individuals who will have completed a Bachelor’s Program by June 2019
- Working towards degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics, Management Information Systems, Information Security, Networking, Telecommunications, or a related discipline
- Other undergraduate classifications with relevant work experience and/or in a related field of study will be considered
- Individuals who have 1 year or less of Technology experience in the workplace
- A minimum of a 3.0 GPA on 4.0 grade point average scale
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills
- High energy and intellectual curiosity
- Strong analytical skills and a consultative approach to addressing customer needs
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems creatively
- Ability to apply previous experience and knowledge to new situations and problems
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!