Analyst Market Planning & Research at Walgreens
Responsible for providing research and quantitative/qualitative analysis and modeling for the assessment of business opportunities, competition, business optimization, and business expansion.
- Collaborates and meets with business unit leadership, executives, and the management team from areas which may include healthcare related business units or leadership from market planning related areas.
- Contributes to the creation, development, and prioritization of growth strategies, plans, and goals.
- Provides research, quantitative analysis, and modeling to analyze opportunities, business plan development, the competition, and performance and/or evaluation of business opportunities – current or potential.
- Supports planning and deployment of Walgreens key strategies in areas such as mergers and acquisitions, new store growth, ancillary services, store concept optimization, and/or growth in the healthcare arena.
- Researches and develops strategic recommendations to create critical value to clients, markets, business units and the company.
- Applies analytical methods to quantify competitive threat and to identify opportunities to increase market share and/or identify organic growth opportunities.
- Creates and presents impactful, concise presentations delivered to company leadership.
- Designs and or maximizes processes to generate high-quality, consistent deliverables for multiple clients.
- Develops relationships in the industry to stay abreast of industry nuances and cultivates a well-known and respected presence in market planning, healthcare and/or geographic research.
- Works in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, self-managing multiple tasks and ad hoc requests.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
- Bachelor’s Degree and previous internships in business, strategy or healthcare, or High School Diploma/ GED and at least 3 years of experience using statistical methods and analytical tools.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Willing to travel up to 30% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- MBA or Master’s Degree.
- Experience in statistics, modeling, business intelligence or spatial analytics.
- Experience in creating retail content and format recommendations.