Associate Data Center Representative at Discover
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for providing support and coverage in the data center. Provides first-level technical support for server hardware and system components. Enforces access controls, manages changes, and performs first-level diagnostics of hardware issues within data centers.
- Assists in the diagnosis and resolution of service degradation and outages. Performs reboots, power downs and ups, connects consoles, and connects and disconnects cables.
- Processes service catalog requests for tasks. Coordinates the installation and decommissioning of hardware, processing media, and network patching.
- Opens and completes change tickets. Ensures the availability of systems for business operations.
- Supports incident queues and performs corrections and additions to ensure system functionality. Validates port availability, clears inter queues, visually inspects rack space and patching, collects system logs, configures systems, performs firmware upgrades, and installs memory within the data center.
- Maintains security of data centers through physical access controls. Validates requests for access, ensures compliance with change management standards and processes, and escorts visitors into the data centers.
- Ensures the security and integrity of removable media. Handles tape for offsite storage, replaces failed drives, and performs systems upgrades. Ensures processes are followed to wipe, erase, and degauss drives and tapes prior to removal.
- Reviews and updates Standard Operating Procedures to ensure relevancy with procedures.
- Documents activities during the course of the shift changes and conducts shift turnovers.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- H.S. Diploma or GED in Computer Science, Information Technology
- 1 years of experience in Data Center, Command Center, or related field
- A+ Certification
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
- 2+ years of 3 years of experience in Data Center, Command Center, or related field
- ITIL Foundations, A+ Certification
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!