Associate Manager, Data Science and Analytics at Walgreens
Associate Manager, Data Science and Analytics
Location 36 S WABASH AVE STE 410 , CHICAGO, IL
Utilizes advanced analytics to drive business impact for internal clients and stakeholders, such as:
- Answering business questions using data.
- Improving operational performance of marketing,
- Building data applications to be used in marketing operations.
- Providing recommendations for future strategy.
Develops and implements analytical and/or statistical methodologies for evaluating consumer research, company processes, business problems, and/or ROI of products and services. Establishes parameters of ad hoc analyses by setting appropriate timeline and work quality guidelines.
Uses SQL, SAS, R, Python or other analytical development tools with large data sets to design analyses and measure key metrics. Collects and merges data from multiple sources and works with large, complex datasets. Uses data mining techniques and programming skills to analyze research data and Walgreen databases to identify areas of improvement of current processes, products, services or analytic models.
Develops timely, innovative, and objective analysis which leads to fact-based solutions for strategic business issues. Conducts analyses, formulates insights, and summarizes and synthesizes findings for presentation to management.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 2 years of experience in promotions, marketing, retail, analytics, pricing, consumer packaged goods, insights, vendor collaboration, consumer research, inventory, category management and/or business analysis OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 4 years of experience in promotions, marketing, retail, analytics, pricing, consumer packaged goods, insights, vendor collaboration, consumer research, inventory, category management and/or business analysis.
- Experience with MS Office Suite.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- At least 1 year of experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's Degree OR MBA.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience using data science tools and analytical software packages such as R, Python or SAS.
- Passion and curiosity for using analytics to drive business impact, such as: answering business questions, improving operational performance, building data applications or providing recommendations for future strategy.
- Knowledge of statistical, machine learning and predictive modeling concepts such as: analysis of variance, experimental design, or linear & logistic regression techniques, ensemble models, customer segmentation, or time-series forecasting, propensity score matching,
- Experience delivering presentations to different audiences within the organization, especially using elegant, clear data visualization.