Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 800,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
We're hiring our inaugural class for Avant's Business Intelligence Program (ABIP). This 6-month program is designed to teach driven candidates the data and analytics skills necessary to become key contributors at Avant.
Each ABIP class undergoes a 6-month data bootcamp where they will experience intensive data training and be introduced to the organization through a wide variety of project work. During this period, candidates will spend time on the Data Management team learning data skills, key programming languages and understanding the ins and outs of our business. Candidates who successfully complete the bootcamp will graduate to a business intelligence role on one of Avant's business teams, responsible for the management of key metrics and reporting and serving as the data spoke in Avant's business functions.
We are looking for self-driven candidates who are hungry to learn and are excited to pursue or further their career in data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, statistics, finance, economics, or other technical fields
- 2-4 years of experience in an analytical or technical role
- Familiarity with additional programming languages is preferred (Python, Spark, R, etc.)
- 1+ years experience with SQL programming
- Proven ability to analyze large datasets and translate findings
- Familiarity with BI tools is preferred (Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated project ownership or leadership experience
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- MBA and graduate school graduates welcome
- Experience working within start-up environments is preferred
Check out our Avant Blog!
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.